PDA

View Full Version : Automatic upgrade (Media Player) killed Outlook.

Keygrip
4th Nov 2004, 10:48
Burning an hour last night, just surfing around, when up pops a little message from Windows to advise me that my Media Player 9 is now historical, old age, rubbish and could be upgraded (?) to Media Player 10 at the touch of a button - all free of charge.

Let's do it, I thought.

Few minutes later we have Media Player 10 on the screen.

However, to get there, I was advised to "close all other Windows" - so, unusually for me, I did.

Now, when it comes to re-opening those screens "Outlook" will not open. As I click the icon, mouse turns to 'hour glass' for about 20 seconds (guessed) and then goes back to mouse. No "Outlook". All other programs, including Explorer, work fine.

"System Restore" took me back an hour to Media Player 9 - all works fine.

Any thoughts?

willby
4th Nov 2004, 16:40
hi Keygrip,
Not much by way of help with your problem but just to let you know that I also downloaded Media Player 10 and have no problems with Outlook Express. I dont use Outlook but I can bring it up ok.
Willby

joe2812
4th Nov 2004, 19:36
Can't fix the problem however I suggest a change to winamp and lose the Microsoft poo.

How sad is that, their own programs can't even be in the same room together without arguing!

BOAC
4th Nov 2004, 19:42
See if this (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/security.aspx) helps - it mentions settings in WMP10 that can affect Outlook and OE etc?