PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways

AFFF
4th Nov 2004, 09:38
Got to travel to the far east next year, and been offered flights on Qatar Airways from Manchester. Can anyone tell me if they are as good as the rumours say they are? ie service and comfort wise.

Just had a nasty experience with another well known middle eastern operator, and don't want to make the same mistake again.

Thanks in advance.

ruby tuesday
4th Nov 2004, 12:29
Check the aircraft type....if its an A330 then its very good but if its A300 its not so good (ex MAN is still A300 I think?)

xbilz
4th Nov 2004, 12:57
No problems at all with this airline. Service is fantastic.

Scottie Dog
4th Nov 2004, 20:28
Manchester service is all A330 - has been all Summer.

uffington sb
5th Nov 2004, 06:32
I've been to DXB several times with QR and BA and QR certainly gets my vote. BTW, they do some very good deals in business class and the service is superb.

gayrugbybloke
5th Nov 2004, 11:06
QR in to Manchester is basically a cheap route for those travelling from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh who can't afford PIA or Emirates.

apaddyinuk
17th Nov 2004, 21:28
Great airline to fly with as a passenger. But the crew are all robots and terrified of losing their jobs all the time incase a passenger rights a letter of complaint for something as stupid as forgetting to place a drip mat down so whatever you do, please be sure to give the crew a friendly smile, they need it!

Crusty Ol Cap'n
18th Nov 2004, 11:59
Manchester service is A330. Service is very good if somewhat robotic in nature. Try Business class! :8