PDA

View Full Version : Property Ladder

Zeppelin
4th Nov 2004, 08:03
Did anyone watch Property Ladder last night?

It was on channel 4 between 8 and 9 last night, I recorded it....... but because of some election thingy the programe was running about 10 mins late and so missed the vital bit at the end.

:{

It was interesting because the chappie doing the renovating was a pilot, who spent a lot of dosh doing up a grade 2 listed place.

The house looked great at the end, so wanted to know what it got valued at and what he sold it for in the end,

Anybody?

Parapunter
4th Nov 2004, 08:33
They didn't flog it. The agents valued it from 725k to 850 (which shows what a shower of c*** they are) & there you go. Serves em right for buying a gaff in Hastings.

Standard Noise
4th Nov 2004, 12:15
Ah well, no one could ever accuse a pilot of having any common sense! :p Having said that, it looked very nice once it were finished, just a shame about the location.

S'funny though, the presenter bird gives out loads of free advice to the hapless halfwits on the show every week, and more often than not, they ignore her, even though she's a successful property developer in her own right. Still, makes for a laugh sometimes....

Bob Upndown
4th Nov 2004, 13:17
Do they do something with houses then? I've no idea. The only thing I watch is the gorgeous, voluptuous Sarah Beeney, actually more specifically a couple of things about Sarah just below her face! Hmmmmmmmmm :E :E :E

PeetD
4th Nov 2004, 13:22
The whole thing cost them 760k. It's still on the market at 775k but under offer at the mo. Not much return for the work, effort, time and risk. Take a look at www.primelocation.com.

Parapunter
4th Nov 2004, 13:23
What, her chins? Big tub o lard she is.:yuk:

Eagle18th
4th Nov 2004, 13:34
It's one of those programmes that make you want to shout at the TV - "Listen to Sarah, for God's sake, she knows what she's talking about".
Never ceases to amaze me that so many idiots ignore the delightful (and extremely radiant during recent pregnancy) Miss Beeny, when she's so clearly speaking sense.
She says "If I were you, I'd knock that wall down to double the size of your kitchen."
Developer says "We don't think that's a good idea, so we're going to leave it as it is."
Estate agents and prospective buyers come round to view the finished property, and all say "Nice house, shame about the poky kitchen". :E
By the way, what was it about Hastings that nobody liked???
I've never been there - what's wrong with it?
:confused:

Groundloop
4th Nov 2004, 13:59
Ah, but how many couples do you they start filming who DO take the Beeny babes advice? Doesn't make good telly though so they probably get dropped.

Paracab
4th Nov 2004, 14:36
Said It Before Here.... (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=108371&perpage=15&highlight=totty%20sarah%20beeny&pagenumber=5)

And will say it again now, Sarah Beeny is an absolute babe, are you sure you are thinking of the right person Parapunter ?

Have watched property ladder since day one and the advice she gives is almost never followed, which makes for frustrating viewing.

Last week a couple bought a shop for 58k IIRC, and allocated 15k for the work to be done, anyone (apart from them) could see that it was such a wreck that 15k wouldn't be anywhere near enough, including the Beeny babe who told them that triple that would be needed.

They ended up speding 43k !

So, anyone know if the guy on last nights show is a ppruner...?

Parapunter
4th Nov 2004, 14:39
Oh yes, :cool:

Makes good telly other peoples misfortune. Am I the only one who thinks she endlessly repeats her smug entreaties over and over and over and over and over....

I'd like to sic a starving hamster on her:}

Sparkle
4th Nov 2004, 15:37
Parapunter
Are you blind???
She was pregnant, so was the wife, boobs get bigger during the time the baby grows in the belly of the mum, because babies after being born then lock on to mum's boobies to drink brekkie, lunch and dinner.

big baby=big belly= mum looking big, not fat: baby.

get it?

:=

Jerricho
4th Nov 2004, 15:41
boobs get bigger during the time the baby grows in the belly of the mum, because babies after being born then lock on to mum's boobies to drink brekkie, lunch and dinner.

When my nephew asks Plazbot where do babies come from and stuff, I'm going ot print this up and show. Best biology lesson ever.:ok:

Zeppelin
4th Nov 2004, 15:52
Sod your nephew....I'm hungry now :E

five iron
4th Nov 2004, 17:01
This purely goes to show that pilots have far too much A) time & B) money on their hands.

I think that all pilots should from now on A) work 24 hrs a day 6 days a week (I'm not totaly ruthless, they can have one day off) & B) take a 90% pay reduction.

All those in favour..............?:}

Parapunter
4th Nov 2004, 18:31
Not blind Sparkly, picky. Of course, one is internationally attractive to women & can afford to be picky:cool:

One does not need to settle for mingers nor shrill DIY'ers what carve a career by going on the box looking down their noses at peeps.

Sarah Beeny does remind one of a welshire at school who was bullied a bit if one recalls correctly.

Val d'Isere
4th Nov 2004, 21:07
The programme is fascinating if only for the amazing stupidity of the participants. The number of times a rapidly rising market has saved the day is annoying......I've wanted to watch them suffer for their follies! :E

Sarah Beeny is average totty, nagging (OK, she's quite diplomatic, considering, I guess) and revolting whilst preggers.

Now, on the other hand, Halle Berry on TV the other night was "it"! :E (awaits strange reply from Jerricho. :rolleyes: )

SyllogismCheck
4th Nov 2004, 22:43
So, anyone know if the guy on last nights show is a ppruner...? I wouldn't imagine with him having been called stupid, a halfwit and an idiot we're about to find out.

I went to school with the guy and all I can say is that with the abysmal skooling what we got given their he did well not to break the bank completely!
Nice chap but the poor education showed through.... I mean placing a female in charge of a construction project! :rolleyes:

Bob Upndown
5th Nov 2004, 12:51
Babe Beeny may have been 'radiant when preggers', but to be sure she's still top totty when not:ok:

Still beats the life out of me why these muppets just don't go with her advice. One thought is that it would make cap telly - there's prolly loads of episodes on the cutting room floor where the householder spent the programme saying 'Thanks Babe, sorry, Sarah, that's a great idea, I'll do that'. Hardly confrontational!

Methinks it's time for Sarah to grace the pages of GQ/FHM suitably disrobed. Hmmmmmmmmmm again :E :E :E

Jerricho
5th Nov 2004, 14:58
Val d' :ok: :E

Standard Noise
5th Nov 2004, 17:41
As much as I like the voluptuous Ms Beeny, I do prefer Amanda Lamb (A place in the sun) - not quite as "top heavy" but fab legs.

Or Melissa Porter (A house in the country)

Don't tell the wife!:uhoh:

Val d'Isere
5th Nov 2004, 18:10
Zilpah Hartley (A Place in the Sun).

She is iiiiiiiiiiit! (even more "it" than Halle Berry). Absolutely gorgeous.

Until she opens her gob........."Eee buy gum eers a reet grand owse." :yuk:

But I'd know how to stop that. "Eee... mmph... buy.... gobble.... gum..... slurp.....choke" :E