PDA

View Full Version : bmi repainting A321's

bmifox
3rd Nov 2004, 21:37
It must be 3 years since British Midland changed to bmi, but still no Airbus 321's are in the "new" bmi colours. It's not as though they have hundreds of aircraft to paint! Any chance of any being painted up this winter?

bmimainline
3rd Nov 2004, 23:10
To be honest I think the colour of their aeroplanes is the least of their problems!

acbus1
4th Nov 2004, 06:12
They could save paint and do em in Virgin colours, all ready for the *snigger* "merger".

Only a few, though, the majority will be redundant.

keepitlit
4th Nov 2004, 07:43
A couple of 321s are being returned as the lease is up soon
As for the rest of them,bish will wait until he's havina good year and right some profits off and paint the rest of the fleet usual.

rgds

K.I.L.

Groundloop
4th Nov 2004, 08:06
Very common these days when airline change liveries to not repaint aircraft until they are due for heavy maintenance. Saves money. Look how many BA aircraft still have "World Colours" tails.

Little Blue
4th Nov 2004, 09:11
ACBUS...in the words of the rest of the world..
you are an a***..
if you have nowt good to say...then don't !
Now go away, you horrid little man.

we_never_change
4th Nov 2004, 18:40
I noticed the Atlantic Airlines ATR42 (G-DRFC) which is on lease to bmi Regional has been painted in a rather nice advertising scheme. It carries bmi Regional titles, a beach scene/palm trees on the tail & wording advertising flights from Manchester to the Carribean.

This aircraft is currently leased in to operate the bmi route from Leeds-Bradford to London City. (Shame they haven't got a spare ERJ135 to operate the route)

WNC

14 loop
4th Nov 2004, 19:39
If the route lasts....then a (new build) Embraer 135 is expected for the route in the New Year.

However, it isn't just aircraft availability at bmi regional which precludes the use of the ERJ135 on the route at the mo!

acbus1
4th Nov 2004, 20:17
if you have nowt good to say...then don't !

I did'nt realise Proon was just for the saying of nice things. I thought it was for the discussion of topics and/or the airing of opinions, most especially, however, without recourse to unfounded personal insults.

:}

gayrugbybloke
4th Nov 2004, 20:25
Does anyone else think that BMI could have been a little more inventive with their colour scheme? It hardly sets the world alight! Those tailfins are rubbish! They dont stand out at all when the aircraft are parked up, on stand, especially the A330s which could do with being travelling advertisements for their long haul routes, considering they are meant to be flagship routes!!

aeulad
5th Nov 2004, 11:23
if the LCY compliant ER3 is going to a scottish base, can we assume GLA-LCY or ABZ-LCY?

Regards

Mike

ALLMCC
5th Nov 2004, 12:16
If they would only at least repaint 'DL - it currently looks absolutely hideous in that scruffy Star Alliance scheme - really a poor advert for BMI!

cormacshaw
6th Nov 2004, 15:38
...if the LCY compliant ER3...

If you'll forgive the ignorance of a simmer, what does an ERJ-135 have to have to be LCY-compliant (besides a certified crew)? Am I right in guessing that ERJs can be delivered with or without reverse thrust capabilities and that BMI's current aircraft don't have this 'make plane stop now' feature which may be useful at LCY? If so, can reverse thrust be fitted retrospectively? Are there other elements?