PDA

View Full Version : Door to door sales

Onan the Clumsy
3rd Nov 2004, 20:49
I'm not fit to be let out in public on my own.

I had a door to door sales person come selling fruit. I bought thirty dollars worth...and I don't even really eat fruit.

What's wrong with me :{

Solid Rust Twotter
3rd Nov 2004, 20:51
Well, you've convinced him it's safe to return to your house now, so it's time to clean out the freezer and lube up the chainsaw.:E

Proceed As Cleared
3rd Nov 2004, 20:51
Put it this way, you'd rather buy fruit than become one... :oh:

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
3rd Nov 2004, 20:59
Not a lot of people know this................... but that's banned in the UK now (selling fresh produce door to door I mean). Think it was an EU rule, the pikies tried to sell bananas that had the wrong type of curve or something.

tony draper
3rd Nov 2004, 21:39
Get on of these video door phones Mr Onan, one can have loads of fun without leaving one's chair.
What??speak up man? yer wanna what? speak up a Canna hear yer, you wanna play me your lute??
**** off!!!
.:rolleyes:

Jerricho
3rd Nov 2004, 22:09
What's your address Onan? I've still got that dehydrated water that I'm looking to sell.

Onan the Clumsy
3rd Nov 2004, 22:31
Can you just mail it to me? :}

:ugh:

Boss Raptor
3rd Nov 2004, 22:42
oh come give the guy a break...the salesman maybe a spiv...but he may just as well also be a guy just trying to earn a very hard living...

I have never done sales but do feel some humanity towards the cold callers et. al. - what a god forsaken existance

wish someone would sell me fruit on my doorstep...at least it was useful
;)

Rollingthunder
3rd Nov 2004, 23:03
Once upon a time in another life I thought a good business idea would be to fit out a five ton truck as a mobile green grocers/butchers/staples/fish mongers and do a regular route providing service to those unable or unwilling to get out to the supermarkets - housewives looking after children and older folks, etc. Idea still on the back burner.

Onan the Clumsy
3rd Nov 2004, 23:07
Boss It was a woman actually, and lacking the usual properties that might make you rush blindly into a sale.

I agree with you (unless they're just casing the area that is) but I regret my moment of weakness as I now have a million fckuing apples to eat :yuk:

The grapefruit would be ok though, I've just got better things to spend thirty bucks on.

:ugh:

And it worries me that I feel like an old person who ends up helping someone free up those awkwardly unavailable funds in Nigeria

Feeton Terrafirma
3rd Nov 2004, 23:17
I've heard you can buy women like that for $20 in Texas!!! You must have a truck load of fruit, or $10 worth ;)

tony draper
3rd Nov 2004, 23:55
Get yer own back on her Mr Onan, throw all the apple away without eating them, that'll larn her not to take advantage.
:rolleyes:

Jerricho
4th Nov 2004, 01:52
Sure I'll mail it to you.

COD works for me. And you'll pay the postage.

MadsDad
4th Nov 2004, 08:59
Onan

I would be careful about the grapefruit too - there was an article in the paper yesterday about grapefruit juice being potentially lethal, if mixed with some (over-the-counter) anti-cholesterol medication - Grapefruit can be lethal (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1341834,00.html)

Standard Noise
4th Nov 2004, 12:31
Had a Jehovah come to the door the other day flogging religion (does that count?), I told him that I wasn't interested as I'm a Presbyterian.

He stood there with a straight face and asked me, " So you don't believe in religion then?"

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I did however, shut the door.

phnuff
4th Nov 2004, 12:52
Yer, grapefruit juice can be weird stuff. A couple of medicals ago, I was asked if I had taken any medicine that day. I told him that I had taken trilludan - a hayfever remedy. Ah he says, 'have you been drinking grapefruit juice while you take trilludan because I read somewher that mixed, the two can cause heart abnormalities'.
'No' says I thinking, do I believe him or not ?

Imagine my suprise when a month later, a letter came through my door containing a photocopy of an article, from the Lancet I believe and there it was. Some groups of people will suffer heart issues by mixing trilludan and grapefruit juice.

What a star doc

Onan the Clumsy
4th Nov 2004, 16:15
Maybe it wasn't a scam. I just got a box of grapefruit.