PDA

View Full Version : Please help on the talk-back radio on Thursday morning

karrank
3rd Nov 2004, 10:59
Lifted from the AGACF. Whatever your opinion, please be ready to air it tomorrow.

This item may produce some comment on the talk-back radio on Thursday morning 4th November. Please call in if you get the chance and say you are disgusted that the Coalition, or Minister John Anderson, is walking out on their promise so soon after the election.

Pilots accuse Govt of abandoning election promises

A group representing pilots and operators of small aircraft has accused the Federal Government of breaking an election promise to stop further controversial changes to airspace regulations.

Federal Transport Minister John Anderson yesterday released advice from the independent watchdog, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA), backing additional changes to airspace rules.

Mr Anderson says the changes will take effect from late November as planned.

Boyd Munro from Air Safety Australia says Mr Anderson has walked away from commitments he made during the election campaign.

"He promised a number of things," he said.

"Simplified procedures and greater freedom of movement for visual flight rules aircraft, that's small aircraft, and what we find is that effective the 25th of November there's going to be very much more complex procedures than those we've had in the past.

Erm, don't you mean the same procedures we've had in the past?

Besides, I don't remember anybody saying the policy was a CORE promise:ouch:

gaunty
3rd Nov 2004, 11:46
Heard Wayne Kerr on pm this evening. the usual dilletante millionaire BS drivel.

Think I'll start another org called "Aviation Safety World" download the telephone directory into the membership database then mines bigger than yours. :rolleyes:

Who wants membership No1.

Uncommon Sense
3rd Nov 2004, 12:52
They really have got an inflated view of their importance if they think they have a snowballs chance of getting anything in the media tomorrow other than the US Election.

The public didn't give a rats prior to Oct 9 - they could care less now.

http://www.wizfx.net/blogger.gif[4th Term Watch] (http://fourthtermwatch.********.com)

Binoculars
3rd Nov 2004, 12:56
I'm fascinated to see if Boyd and his scurvy crew will be trying to pretend that things will be less safe after the changes.

I am sure Mr and Mrs Talkback will be overwhelmed by arguments that procedures for "small aircraft" will be more complex.

And as for this excerpt from his Aug 31 media release....

"John Anderson, the Minister for Transport, has directed Airservices to install approach radar where they re-classify Airspace from E to C.

This is very good news indeed.

………… And thirdly - it just might cause Airservices to consider carefully whether re-classification really is needed. That’s because the cost of installing approach radar will reduce Airservices profits – and therefore reduce those juicy profit bonuses that Airservices managers get."

Oh my goodness, Boyd, this example of brinkmanship could really rebound on you, couldn't it? I wonder what all your sycophants will think of you when their charges go up to pay for full radar approach facilities imposed at your and Dick's behest at places that have absolutely no need of them?

You'd better hope that for once in his pathetic life Anderson can make a decision based on commonsense, not having his strings pulled by non-entities like Smith and you. If not, you're both going to look utterly, utterly stupid, apart from being regarded as the architects of full radar approach facilities in Coffs, Maroochydore, Rocky, Mackay etc, with all the inherent costs involved.

Hmm, I might even get myself a nice little pay rise to increase my super payout.... thanks old mate.

karrank
4th Nov 2004, 20:44
Wasn't actually expecting a public deluge, but I didn't notice the issue being mentioned. Anybody else?

tobzalp
4th Nov 2004, 22:31
I heard nothing. The day of action will of course sort all this out on the 27th.