PDA

View Full Version : CYAS spits the dummy !

Stink Finger
3rd Nov 2004, 05:03
I didn't think it was possible for a GA company to both suck and blow.

Well i was proven wrong.

Word has it that Uncle Arthur spat the dummy at DOTARs, is this true ?, for someone so full of self praise and with such a high opinion of his moral fibre to act so immaturely, is a real shock, or is it ?.

Only a couple of paragraphs in the local rag, what say yee of the humid north ?.

On another point when is the C208 beach party / accident report due ?.

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
3rd Nov 2004, 09:22
Stinky, i think this is what you refer to:)

Remote region loses mail run
By Lloyd Jones
November 2, 2004

RESIDENTS of Queensland's remote Cape York Peninsula have lost their regular air mail run after the long-term operator pulled out after learning its contract would not be renewed.

Cape York Air ceased mail deliveries overnight after learning that federal Transport Minister John Anderson had decided not to renew its contract.

The company, which had operated the service for 24 years, said there was no point in continuing.

Federal Liberal MP for Leichhardt Warren Entsch said he was disappointed by the airline's decision but alternatives were in place today to get mail and freight to Cape York residents.

Another contractor had successfully tendered for the service to 90 communities on the peninsula but it could take months for aviation authorities to issue approvals.

Mainframe
3rd Nov 2004, 10:15
LHRT, check your PM's

grrowler
3rd Nov 2004, 20:29
So who won the contract? Is it common knowledge yet? And what a/c do they propose to do it in?