PDA

View Full Version : German pair slugged over air rage

Wirraway
2nd Nov 2004, 23:56
Wed "Daily Telegraph"

German pair slugged over air rage
November 3, 2004

TWO German tourists have been convicted and fined $4000 over a violent air-rage incident which left a male passenger and a Qantas flight attendant injured.

The trouble began soon after QF92 left Noumea, on the way to Sydney on Monday afternoon when Gita Tripathi, 42, began bashing her knee into the seat of Dr Michael Brodeur, in front of her.

Police allege this happened a number of times throughout the flight and as the plane taxied in Sydney, she shouted at Dr Brodeur and used both fists to hit him.

Tripathi's husband then began assaulting Dr Brodeur, who sustained cuts and abrasions requiring treatment.

As flight attendants stepped in a Qantas pilot was also injured.

The pair yesterday faced Sydney's Central Local Court where they pleaded guilty to the assault. Magistate Allan Moore fined the pair $2000 each plus costs.

The Daily Telegraph

==========================================

Uncommon Sense
3rd Nov 2004, 00:05
$2000 ? What a joke!

Longhauler
3rd Nov 2004, 05:07
If it was funny then it would be a joke. This ain't funny. There is such a large disconnect between the punishments that the courts provide and what the public expects.

Icarus2001
3rd Nov 2004, 06:14
when Gita Tripathi, 42, began bashing her knee into the seat of Dr Michael Brodeur, in front of her.
I would be interested to hear from someone who was on board this aircraft. Perhaps the good Doctor refused to put his seat back upright at the request of the good Ms Tripathi and so in time honoured tradition she invaded Poland. (Sorry scrub that bit...don't mention the war) She kicked the back of his seat to obtain redress. Perhaps someone from the airline may like to comment on the seat pitch but don't mention the war, I did once but I think I got away with it.

:ok:

Mr.Buzzy
3rd Nov 2004, 06:28
Ve have vays of making you upright your seeeets!

Cornholio
3rd Nov 2004, 12:33
Maybe he upset her by leaning over and dropping something on her glass-top tray table. I guess they're not ALL into that.

Maybe the enema bandit could shed light on it, that's right up his alley. Well... something anyway.

:eek:

:hmm:

:zzz:

Binoculars
3rd Nov 2004, 12:37
I've felt the same way when some arrogant arsehole plonks his seat straight back on my legs. **** you Jack, I paid $39 for this seat, you can get stuffed.

But that's another old chestnut, isn't it?

Cornholio
3rd Nov 2004, 12:45
Well the seat is INTENDED and certified to recline fully, according to passengers' desires. That's each passenger's right.

Still, a good whinge here will fix everything for you, Beanoss. I hope.

Is that why you're so bitter?

:zzz:

:zzz: zzzzzzzzz:zzz: zzzzzzzzzz:zzz: zzzzzzz

MoFo
3rd Nov 2004, 21:35
Its not so much that the clown in front of you reclines his seat. Its the ones who violently ram it back into the full reclined position. Theres no time to avoid it or avoid wearing your tray on your lap.

Could it be that words were exchanged on the said flight after an event such as this, and the reclinor told the reclinee to get stuffed when challenged. That in turn, may have led to a certain harshness of attitude from the reclinee, and coupled with tuetonic genetics, may well have led to a distasteful incident.

Weld the friggin seats upright I say.