PDA

View Full Version : Virgin plane in trouble today

The Enema Bandit
2nd Nov 2004, 23:33
Just heard on the radio that a Virgin aircraft going into Melbourne this morning had to hold for around forty five minutes, then did a very "hard" landing with fire trucks waiting. Anyone know anything?

The_Cutest_of_Borg
2nd Nov 2004, 23:58
I'll save the QF bashers some typing...

Haha.. you wanna talk about hard landings? Well I guess QF1 was pretty soft but it was hard in other ways... and what about (fill in incident here)? That was pretty hard too!! Why are we talking about Virgin when QF has lost the plot and is an accident waiting to happen?!!!?

There, all done. Now if there was any problem with Virgin this morning we have gotten the usual distasteful business over and done with and we can now discuss it in a rational manner..

Thank you all for your indulgence.;)

Mr Nightmare
3rd Nov 2004, 05:08
Bloody hell Borg!

A little touchy aren't we? Relax mate,we all know that Virgin Blue is an outstanding world class airline.
For me, well I don't give a rats anus about Qantas/Virgin comparisons. Its meaningless bull****.

There is more to life mate. Get out and enjoy it before the reaper comes to spoil your day!

Mr.Buzzy
3rd Nov 2004, 05:12
Agreed,
does anyone have info to "the incident"?

woftam
3rd Nov 2004, 07:06
Don't know anything about the "incident" but as we taxied heard the ground controller ask a safety vehicle for the rego of the A/C on bay E1 as it was the one involved in the "airport alert".
Rego was VOH.

RaTa
3rd Nov 2004, 07:08
I think Mr Borg may have scared everybody off! :}

OzExpat
3rd Nov 2004, 08:49
This is truly amazing. So far, no Virgin bashers have come to the fore. So far, no quotes of ... there I was, minutes from death... from distraught pax. :eek:

Or does all of that cr@p only appear when QF is involved... hmmm? :suspect:

The_Cutest_of_Borg
3rd Nov 2004, 10:29
I am totally relaxed. It is just that certain people, for reasons best known to themselves, like to hijack these threads.

vis: here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148608)

I just thought I'd save them the trouble. :O

sinala1
3rd Nov 2004, 10:37
So back to the point of the thread, does anyone have any info on what actually happened?

Cornholio
3rd Nov 2004, 11:37
Just heard on the radio that a Virgin aircraft going into Melbourne this morning had to "abort its landing" with a sudden burst if power and an extremely high angle in the air. Passenger were terrified as the jet horrifyingly climbed like a rocket, with no warning. The plane landed a little while but miraculously no one was hurt. Anyone know anything???? :rolleyes:

That's what you sound like Enema bandit. Get a life mate. And an enema.

:yuk:

:*

:eek:

:hmm:

:zzz:

Three Bars
3rd Nov 2004, 14:03
Left Melbourne yesterday morning and was delayed about 10 minutes by inbound Virgin aircraft with "mechanical problems".

Seemed that the problem was flap extension and after watching the aircraft eventually land and rollout, it would seem that there was very little flap, if any, used during the landing. It also seemed to use most of the runway during the landing roll. The touchdown appeared firm from where we were.

Fire trucks trailed along after the aircraft and a runway inspection was conducted before we were allowed to depart.

wirgin blew
3rd Nov 2004, 14:57
As soon as the passengers hit the terminal they were on the phones to 3aw giving Virgin a bashing on their "fast landing"

It seems there may have been a little problem with the flaps and Im sure we will here all about it over the next few days. Especially seeing as aviation near misses are always flavour of the month in this country.

The Enema Bandit
3rd Nov 2004, 20:58
Thankyou Three Bars, that's all I wanted to know. And as for you Cornholio, why don't YOU get a life and go and get farked while you're at it. After all, this is a RUMOUR network.

WaterSpider
3rd Nov 2004, 21:10
Just Brilliant
"Enema Bandit" & "Cornholio", you have managed yet again to turn this thread into a pathetic childish slanging match........(time to go back to year 5 I think..... or maybe your already there). Great maturity shown.............real good!

The Enema Bandit
3rd Nov 2004, 22:54
All I asked was a civilised question and that dickhed hijacked it.

Woomera
3rd Nov 2004, 22:55
You now have the story.

Don't need another childish airline bashing thread. :mad:

*click*

Woomera