PDA

View Full Version : BOEING or AIRBUS?

747 Downwind
2nd Nov 2004, 19:52
Just a light hearted thread to take us away from the eternal pit of misery and damnation that is pilot recruitment in the 21st century.

If one was to have the chance, if only:{ , what would be the preferred choice, Boeing and their NG progression or the Airbus family and why?

For me it has to be Boeing, hands on flying, GIANT YOKE (sound like a girl! Now Now), a more integrated system with less 'out of the loop syndrome'.. preferrably a 744, but i'd take a 757, 737NG, possibly a 777 if it was offer:E

Views please..:D

74 Downwind

Leo8
3rd Nov 2004, 16:09
I'd really like to try the airbus first. I fly the ATR and the airbus design is similar in many ways to the ATR. More computerised of course. I think it would be very interesting to try fly something with a sidestick!

I also think the A330 and A340 are amazing aircraft to watch fly. Love the wings on them!

BongleBear
3rd Nov 2004, 16:54
I've always considered Boeings to be more classic, and no I can't explain why! The only way I can explain my answer is this: If the same England game is on BBC and ITV, which one would you choose? BBC of course.

Did that make any sense to anyone?

Jools508
4th Nov 2004, 18:05
I agree with 'BongleBear' Boeing I feel are just better.

But I'm sure the new A380 is going to be a great plane.