PDA

View Full Version : ...or is this a mid-life crisis?

SandBlaster-214
2nd Nov 2004, 19:47
Okay, one aspect of longevity has been explored (i.e., “Loss of Nerve” thread), what about the opposite end of the spectrum? What do ya do when you’ve pretty much “been there and done it”, yer to the point ya feel there’s no “edge” or challenge left and the circles you’re workin’ are getting’ smaller and smaller?

Over 33 years in the seat – nothing I like any better than chunkin’ around in the damn things (that pays enough of a salary to support bad habits) but, how to keep it exciting or challenging for another fifteen or twenty (or ‘til I lose my medical and start a new career as a Wal-Mart greeter)?

NickLappos
2nd Nov 2004, 22:35
For a thrill again, fly with SASless. That will get your heart pumping. Of course, he won't understand why you are sweating!

;) ;)

SASless
2nd Nov 2004, 23:30
Well thanks Nick....maybe I ought to up my rates....thrill rides should go for more anyhow! I amaze myself every time I fly....and don't bend something serious. BossFellah has been onto me lately about leaving skid marks in other places besides my undies.

helmet fire
2nd Nov 2004, 23:47
Try NVG.
Fly under any bridge in the UK or Australia.
Try flying your 214 near the White House.
And if you are still bored, how about long lining a monster "Show us your tits" banner over the next Janet Jackson apperance?

SASless
3rd Nov 2004, 14:50
Hey Nick,

Saw a photo of the SeaHawk slinging the flag and sent it to the BossFellah....suggested it would be a cool thing to do for our upcoming Airshow......he agreed and told me to carry on with making it happen.

I don't guess the Aussie's would mind me swapping our Stars and Stripes for their flag (being as how we are in the opposite part of the world) but I am at a loss where I can find a SeaHawk for the day. You guys got one stuck in the corner of the Hangar anywhere?