PDA

View Full Version : Instruct or go to Africa?

WX Man
2nd Nov 2004, 18:54
Dilemma.

Not much turning up in the Great Job Hunt at the moment, so I'm giving it a bit longer before I go further afield (Africa) or splash out on an instructor's rating. What's the view of people here on PPRuNe about the pros/cons of those things?

PS- Rupert: tried emailing you back re. Africa, but stupidly I deleted the PM you sent me and the email address I have keeps rejecting. Can you PM me your correct email address and we'll sink some cold ones in London?

give me an axe
2nd Nov 2004, 22:43
what a choice - sounds like your dammed if you do and dammed if you do ........

alexwelstead
5th Nov 2004, 14:03
Depends on what sort of flying you are aiming for, I have heard Airlines don't like to see bush flying on your CV because you may pick up bad habits and Instructing is good in interviews etc because it helps you sound professional, any other thoughts would be much appreciated. Alex.

Craggenmore
6th Nov 2004, 20:05
I am not sure about actual figures, but it seems from these forums that there are a number of instructors who have found non-instructor jobs in the lastest recruitment drive. Just look at the number of 'instructor wanted' jobs posted on the Instructors furum - it may give you an idea of which way to go.

Craggs