PDA

View Full Version : Flying School Naples, Italy

G-ANDY
2nd Nov 2004, 17:12
I'm about to move to Italy (with parents) and plan to do my ATPL Ground School there long distance, but was wondering if anyone knows about any flying schools or places where I might be able to hire a small SEP Piper or Cessna just for some hour building?

I was there recently and saw a hangar with some small aeroplanes in, but the whole image didn't fill me with desire to climb into one of their planes and go flying!!

If their aeroplanes are like the Naples cars, I'm not sure if the wing could be called a wing anymore, more like a barndoor!!!

Any help would be most appreciated.

G-ANDY

Check 6
2nd Nov 2004, 19:22
G-Andy, Naples has a flying club that may offer instruction. Access to the club is through the Italian Air Force Base on Via Doganella. I suspect that they are a very expensive operation.

Another possibility is at Capua Airport, about 15 nm N. of Naples. Access to Capua Airport is take the Capua exit off the A-1, go through the tollbooth and take a left toward Capua. The airport is on the right, and the access road is well marked.

Buona fortuna,

Check 6

djchandler
3rd Nov 2004, 06:33
ITALY IS NOT JAR! (at the moment)

Keep in mind this!

G-ANDY
4th Nov 2004, 16:13
Thanks for the info chaps!!!

I think my plans are floored as Italy is not JAR -- Bugger!!! However, I WILL check out what is on offer at Capua.

Many thanks,

G-ANDY