PDA

View Full Version : The 'what was your favourite thread ever' thread?

timmcat
2nd Nov 2004, 15:31
My nominations.....

The farts thread..
Claims to fame (biased - I started it)
Pictures of famous JB'ers
Onan's infamous new year thread(s)
The pink thread (hated it, but unmissable)
ATCO humour thread
Any bash PIREP threads with cleavage shots

and...

..any thread started by Coconuts / Athena5 etc. No offence meant Athena, its just that they are always worth reading...

Biggles Flies Undone
2nd Nov 2004, 15:33
Has to be the 'I wish I hadn't said that' thread on the Mil forum. It regularly reduced me to tears :ok:

Onan the Clumsy
2nd Nov 2004, 15:44
Atco: "humour thread"

Cabin Crew: "Most disgusting thing" and "most embarasing thing"

JB: "Jolly Japes and Wizard Wheezes" and any thread where Flaps tells somebody off :O

MIL: "I wish I hadn't said that (Vols 1 to 5)" and "Pranks"

AH&N "Pictures sticky"

I should read "Slasher's nob" as I saw some oblique references to it.

Jerricho
2nd Nov 2004, 16:12
Onan's New Year contributions are at the top of the list.

Tobzalp's "Fire ze missiles" link is one of the best ever.

Athena5
2nd Nov 2004, 16:19
eh uh thank you! :O

redsnail
2nd Nov 2004, 18:33
Fart thread, esp Sprucegoose's superb post.
I wish I hadn't said that in the Mil forum.
The herc story (send up) in the Mil forum.
The email exchange thread by SPHLC. (Mil forum)
Any bun fight of a thread.
I like the bike threads too.
ATCO humour thread.
Bash PIREPs (10W's were especially good)
Edited to add the Ascoteer's multiple choice thread. Priceless stuff. :D

Notable posters.
Captain IF Snailtrails.
Slasher
Flaps (in days of yore :E )
Sprucegoose
Separator
Stopstart (esp trading as Top tart)

aged
2nd Nov 2004, 21:37
"A trip with the captain" was a classic
Pink headsets - love or hate it but it kept on going and was full of genuine cr*p
And any about American politics cause they really get wound up easily

Feeton Terrafirma
2nd Nov 2004, 21:46
Anything by Captain IF Snailtrails and Ms Flaps, in her days of glory. Some of Slashers work was excelent too..... red fingernails!!! :\

I still have some of those infamous works stashed away on my PC (as I'm sure Flaps will remember).

Also there was one marvelous piece about a certain bike ride..... I'm sure Reddo knows the one I mean.

Capt.KAOS
2nd Nov 2004, 21:53
Kinda liked the recent Quantas incident thread. Too bad it died an early age.... :(

redsnail
2nd Nov 2004, 21:54
Still got the bike here in the Yoo Kay too. :D

aged
2nd Nov 2004, 22:00
An suggestion on this would be to post links to the best threads. Several hundred all searching "fart" in one evening must hit the server!

tobzalp
2nd Nov 2004, 23:42
FINISH THE SENTENCE THREAD YO!!!

Devlin Carnet
3rd Nov 2004, 10:18
Anybody got a link to the "wish i had'nt said that" thread,
I cant find it.

Gainesy
3rd Nov 2004, 10:38
Wish I hadn't said that

Ascoteer's multiple choice (Mil)

Another thread in Mil a couple or three years and a few servers back, similar to Wish I etc. I think it was archived but search only goes back a year, maybe Wholi can find it? (It kicked off with the tale of the infamous Bomber Command Dining-In riot at Waddo).

ATC Humour

Binoculars
3rd Nov 2004, 12:00
Well, I limit my time mostly to JetBlast and Dunnunda. so have possibly missed out on a few classics elsewhere, but just off the top of my head:
Those Were The Days (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11556&highlight=those+were+the+days) Nostalgia ain't what it used to be....

A lot of my own personal favourites are no longer accessible. Why the Current Affairs forum archive is no longer available is utterly beyond me. Yes, things got a little heated at times, but a few threads on there were genuine classics. The one on The Irish Problem springs immediately to mind, as does a huge one on the Middle East which finally aroused the ire of the sand pit owner and got the whole Current Affairs forum closed. I mourn its passing, especially given the vapidity of JB these days.

One that is still available is Nostradamus's Poll on the death penalty (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53079&highlight=execution) which showcased some thoughtful responses among the usual vitriol.

Another one missing that should have been preserved for future generations was Kaptin M's original thread on the 1989 Australian pilots' dispute. More mindless abuse being thrown from both sides than you could poke a stick at, but for those willing to sift through the anger and tears, it contained as good an explanation from both sides of the whole dispute as you could find.

Madame Falps' first ever thread was a classic for the ages, as all those who remember it will agree.

I was personally responsible for starting two threads of which I was very proud, but modesty prevents me from naming them here. Suffice to say that I notice there is now a Forum on Pprune with the same name as the one I started, which would probably still be going if it weren't for some idiot trying to take it over.

Any movie thread is a good one, even if it's just to chortle over what bad taste some people have. ;)

And a special mention to the compilers of the Music Quiz, scran and pigboat who toil away manfully every week for a small but fanatical audience. Onya guys!! :ok:

Athena5
3rd Nov 2004, 12:16
'The most disgusting things that ever happened on an aircraft' thread was definitely one of my highlights, sure there were others, just can't think of them oh there was a legal eagle thread that was very funny too! :D

Jerricho
3rd Nov 2004, 14:55
I think Onan's tech log post could be a dark horse in all this. Bloody excellent.

SpinSpinSugar
3rd Nov 2004, 16:10
That one from a couple of years back that I can't recall the name of.... ran for ages, story it was.

May have been the curse of something, anyways, featured lots of entertaining narrative from Drapes and Tricky Woo.

And some raggypans.

Cheers, SSS

Onan the Clumsy
3rd Nov 2004, 16:16
Oh yes Trick...I mean Ric Capucho's Santa story. That was a good one.

Hostie from Hell
3rd Nov 2004, 16:24
SpinSpinSugar ..............

Wonder if its the one I am also thinking of? Something about the white thingys inside piolts heads not working properly, graveyards and underground cellar.

Yep that was Herr Draper and Tricky Woo!

Anyone find the link?
........ Quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read:ok:

djk
3rd Nov 2004, 18:07
Mr Draper's "Help! Broken Pilot" thread was one of the first I ever saw

nosefirsteverytime
3rd Nov 2004, 18:18
I must say I enjoyed the "Pink Panzer" threads. I still have "alvays der fokken favorate...." as a signature on another board i frequent....

Synthetic
3rd Nov 2004, 22:59
In ascending order :-

3/. Most of Tony Draper's threads - seldom (if ever) a dud Sir:ok:

2/. flapsforty's Trip with the Captain. Never mind the bitter sweet - here's the bitter bitter. Superb.

1/.Tramps (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79871). I know it's not fashionable to show to much brain around here, but there was some really good stuff on this thread.

HectorusRex
10th May 2006, 22:57
Does anybody have a link to the above topic, thanks.
HectorusRex

pulse1
10th May 2006, 23:13
I thought that Tricky Woo's tale about the Germans stealing the Greenwich Meridian was an absolute classic. Ah, those were the days.

SoundBarrier
10th May 2006, 23:14
what about the conveyer belt thread?:D

scran
11th May 2006, 00:51
The Music Quiz.......................:ok: :ok: :ok:

:E :E :E :E :E :E

:hmm: :hmm:

rotorcraig
11th May 2006, 01:00
The let's count up to 1,000,000 thread, which became The let's count to 1,000 thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=186020), which became the Locked at 998 thread!

RC

planepsycho
11th May 2006, 01:19
Threads from the early years of Pprune.........were the best!:ok:
a few of my favorites...
Histography Quizzes
The Archives: the best of jetblast:ok:
Ozbash2002 (parts 1,2 and 3 and the pics! )
and the music quizzes of course:D

pigboat
11th May 2006, 01:52
The Music Quiz.......................:ok: :ok: :ok:
:E :E :E :E :E :E
:hmm: :hmm:
Like the man said... :D

Actually Binos covered the music quizzes on page 1, I believe. :)

Buster Hyman
11th May 2006, 01:59
The Wisdom of Winstun thread.

BombayDuck
11th May 2006, 03:27
"Black and White Animals are Crap" by Ric Capucho! :ok: