PDA

View Full Version : New Job ... New Airside Pass?

Tester29
2nd Nov 2004, 11:26
Ok ... here is the scenario:

You work for "Crappy Airlines" flying out of a UK airport.

Then, you get a job with "Slightly Better Airlines" flying out of the same airport.

Do you need to go through the full 5 year work reference/disclosure trauma again even though the airside passes are issued by the same BAA unit all be it with a different airline logo on them?

Has anyone successfully transferred their id without going through the full process?

Tester.

boeingbus2002
2nd Nov 2004, 21:46
Believe it to be "Yes".

It shouldnt be such a hassle second time round as the airport authoirity should have your references details from most recent employer. All you will need to change is adding them as "previous employer".

Disclosures now take only a week or so and still need to be redone. No problem unless you had a recent conviction!

good luck

lexxity
3rd Nov 2004, 16:58
Yep, you do need to go the trauma that is getting your airside pass again.

Don't even need to change companies to need to get a new pass if you work at the right airport :ugh:

phil_2405
4th Nov 2004, 18:18
I have recently changed jobs between different companies but at the same airport and I am having to reapply for Disclosure (CRC) and get 5 years of references again :uhoh:

easyswimmer
5th Nov 2004, 18:29
ever tried to get employers references for 5 years whilst self employed...that makes them scratch their heads. I was asked to get 3 people i flogged stuff to as references. There begun a discussion on the differences between clients and employers.

So the local tax office gave me a reference to say i had been self employed.