PDA

View Full Version : is there any aviation-related free (or cheap) email provider domain?

natedog74
2nd Nov 2004, 03:37
(e.g. [email protected], etc)
thx

OzExpat
2nd Nov 2004, 06:07
Errrm... you might want to try a new mob.

It's called PPRuNe... :}

Rollingthunder
2nd Nov 2004, 06:42
( Top right corner - "Pilot Mail")

Danny
2nd Nov 2004, 23:16
http://pprune.mail.everyone.net/email/scripts/useragreement.pl

natedog74
3rd Nov 2004, 03:33
thanx guys for pointing it out, i've just always assumed it would be [email protected], so i never looked into it...although @pilot.pprune sounds a little better, since most people haven't a clue about pprune (thank God), it still sounds something like "captain underpants" i'm sure we've all read about in preschool....

so not to sneeze on it, but any other domains out there?

just figured it'd look nice on a resume to have and aviation email address....

DX Wombat
3rd Nov 2004, 06:05
so not to sneeze on it, but any other domains out there?
:hmm: That is a rather unwise reply if I may say so :E - especially as The Boss has been kind enough to provide you with a shortcut to registering.:ooh: :uhoh: :\

BlueWolf
3rd Nov 2004, 07:52
It is altogether possible that those reading your CV will be familiar with PPRuNe; if not, are you sure you want to work for them?:ooh:

And like DX Wombat says - The Boss Himself has just given you a link to the free email service he offers on his free site, and your response, whether intentional or not, sounds a bit like "No thanks, I'm looking for something way cooler for my Resume, like [email protected] .... y'know?

I mean, most people haven't a clue about pprune (thank God),

...how do you think that sounds?:confused:

Skypig
3rd Nov 2004, 08:28
Another option is to just register your own domain name, gives you an email addy for life and if your keen you can get hosting & set up a web site for under $100 a year.

OzExpat
3rd Nov 2004, 10:51
Well... at least me and Rollingthunder will be in The Boss's good books now! :D

Binoculars
3rd Nov 2004, 14:58
I'm glad Blue Wolf put it so well. I would hate to have added to my ever-increasing status as a grumpy old bastard. :O

Feeton Terrafirma
3rd Nov 2004, 15:16
Mr natedog74, you in fact seem to be the only person who doesn't have a clur about PPRuNe

Danny
3rd Nov 2004, 23:05
Click this link (http://www.pprune.org/demoAdStats.php) to see that (thank god) not many people know about PPRuNe. :rolleyes:

BlueDiamond
3rd Nov 2004, 23:25
Gawd, Boss ... that's hardly anyone! natedog74 would be better off going to a more popular site wouldn't he?

:rolleyes:

natedog74
3rd Nov 2004, 23:26
well, thanx anyway....
the 'people' i referred to were quite a few pilots here stateside i talked to that have never heard of it ...

and as for the prospective employer, good point, although the flipside might be that from their perspective, that might not even be such a good thing, given the sometimes subversionist (from THEIR p-o-v, lest i should inspire another slew of vindictive posts...:) nature (management sucks, et al) of some posts....

i'd much rather exude air of somebody that wouldn't think of complaining at whatever they try to ram down my throat, providing i'm fortunate ebough to get the job in the first place...

guess i'll stick to yahoo:hmm:

Rollingthunder
4th Nov 2004, 08:05
Me thinks if you've got an anyway decent cv, whatever your email address is won't mean squat.