PDA

View Full Version : Man - Boh

VMC
1st Nov 2004, 08:21
Anyone got any more news on the MAN - BOH or MAN - LBA routes for Jet2?

Going loco
1st Nov 2004, 08:49
I know the M62's a nightmare, but can't see much custom for a MAN-LBA service

VMC
1st Nov 2004, 10:26
sorry, silly mistake. I meant MAN - BOH or LBA - BOH. Thank you for pointing out by slip.

ManofMan
1st Nov 2004, 10:53
The Man-BOH flight is effective from start of Feb.

Cheers

MoM

Going loco
1st Nov 2004, 11:34
There might be Manchester slots in the system effective from the start of Feb, but has there been any confirmation from Jet2 that they will actually use them to fly to BOH?

loco

gayrugbybloke
1st Nov 2004, 12:11
There were Virgin Express flights from MAN to BRU in the system until last week.

Though MAn to BOH looks more probable than the former!

Aren't Jet2 to start MAn to BCN and MAN to CDG aswell in summer 2005 once the Geneva service ends?

Shed-on-a-Pole
1st Nov 2004, 13:05
I believe that SN Brussels Airlines which serves MAN-BRU is currently completing a merger with Virgin Express. Whilst under the same ownership, my understanding is that both brands will be retained at present. It is possible that the group will consider substituting VEX B737's on certain MAN services where the aircraft capacity is a better fit, but VEX will not "compete" with SN Brussels on the route. Effectively, SN Brussels/Virgin Express is a single corporate entity which already serves MAN with several rotations per day.

POL1W
1st Nov 2004, 13:14
As the heading suggests, but don't believe what you read. This is going to be a fine example of Jet 2 shafting LBA. Slots in the system are MAN - BOH and LBA - LGW. Then remove LBA & BOH from the equation. Not good PR by them. Especially as LBA have been trying to get a LGW service, with the resulting "no suitable slots available into LGW". However, when MAN want additional LGW services, it appears that mountains can be moved. Why, when BA offer 14 flights a day on this route, at reasonably low fares, compared to their LHR operation, do they need another?. Especially as LBA has none, with only a very limited service to LHR (4 a day). It would appear to make economic sense to start LBA - LGW, at the same time not upsetting "the flag carriers operation" which must bring in more money to MAN than Jet 2 ever would. I wonder what the LBA management will think of that when the dirt is thrown in their faces.

Going loco
1st Nov 2004, 13:47
I wonder what the LBA management will think of that when the dirt is thrown in their faces

Well with loads on some of today's first LCY flights even breaking into double figures, they'll probably say 'who needs a Gatwick service?'

I'm not convinced a decision has been taken on these LGW slots, but a LBA stitch up is defintely on the cards.

loco

Shed-on-a-Pole
1st Nov 2004, 14:17
Hi POL1W ...

With respect, I think it is a bit rich to accuse Jet2 of "shafting LBA." I cannot recall any other company doing so much to enhance LBA in such a short period of time. Jet2 has opened up LBA and put Yorkshire on the map. How about a little praise and positive acknowledgement of their contribution rather than sour speculation about their future plans? I'm sure I read in some trade journal that Jet2 aim to increase services from LBA by around 50% next Summer ... that sounds pretty darn good, no?

And on the subject of MAN-LGW, why is everybody so convinced that Jet2 want this route? They may do - I don't pretend to know their plans - but to me the vacant MAN-BOH route makes much more sense than the hotly-contested Manchester - London market. [I've posted on that subject previously so I won't repeat the detailed reasoning]. Do you have any reliable information to confirm that Jet2 wish to become the junior player on MAN-LGW?

It may happen or it may not. But in any case smile and enjoy what Jet2 has done for your local airport! With a name like POL1W I presume LBA is your local airport?!!

All the best, SHED.

FLYboh
1st Nov 2004, 15:02
If the MAN - BOH route is to start in early Feb. Surely they would have been announced by now. Don't Loco's like a three month booking period before a route gets underway?

Hope it comes off though. Would be very good news for BOH coupled with the new Thomsonfly routes.:ok:

POL1W
1st Nov 2004, 15:16
I could not agree more. Don't get me wrong. The airline is superb, better than some full service companies. I fly with them all the time and will be doing so in the future. As to them (JET 2) becoming a player on the LGW -MAN, it stems from a professional insight and a little local knowledge. I'm putting 2 + 2 together here, and will gladly admit I could be totally wrong with the answer. It would just be a major disappointment if they were to gain access to a route using false slot applications.
However, as Going Loco states .If you'd seen the loads on todays innaugural LCY flights with BMI, you'd hardly want to start a LGW route up!. Well, that' s all down to advertisements. Nearly every single decker "First" bus throughout West Yorkshire has a Jet 2 Advert on it. All the local and national papers have adverts for Jet 2 in them. Yet, I can't remember seeing one advert for BMI and the new LCY route. Jet 2 have done more for LBA than any other carrier. Over a million pax can vouch for that. In Yorkshire they have probably become a household name now. I suppose I just want to see them flourish even more in the future.