PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship

quifflegend
31st Oct 2004, 13:19
Hi just applied for the Cabair (flybe) scheme, first time applying for anything like this, as im fairly new to flying. Was wondering what questions would be asked in the tests and if anyone could tell me the types of maths and physics questions likely to be asked. was thinking about going into my old high school to brush up and i still play footy with teachers, so im sure they'd let me. Any help would be great. Thanks

CAT3C AUTOLAND
31st Oct 2004, 14:17
Its been a while since I have done these tests, but they are not too bad, but you have to be quick and accurate.

With regard to Maths, it is pretty straight forward. Brush up on your mental arithmetic. Be prepared for long division, long multiplication, pythagoras problems, ratios, fractions and basic algebra.

The mechanics, again is fairly straight forward. Pullies, gears, levers, moments etc etc.

Like I say, it has been a while since I have sat these types of tests and they may all have changed!!

Good luck.

traumahawk71
2nd Nov 2004, 10:09
Went to FLyBe sponsorship interviews a few years back.
I would echo the above. Hopefully its changed a little since then as you were expected to pay for each round you attended.
Consisted of a maths paper general maths see above.
i can also remember doing another paper where you were asked to copy out a certain character. you then had a set time to copy it out as many as you could..
They also gave you some squiggles and asked you to make them into a picture.
associated words was also given.
i.e. Road is to car as Water is to ~~~
You were also given a title and had to write down as many things as you could associated with it.
e.g Wooden Box, dont ask me why but my first answer was COFFIN :confused: again this had a time limit
At one stage there was computer work such as keeping crosshairs together and flying something through a moving box.
Don't worry too much about it as its all fun and you can't really prepare for it (except maths and mechanics part).
i managed to get to the last round which involved talking to the management and writing an essay as to where you think FlyBe is at present and in the future. Failed at the last hurdle cos the other two had already passed their ATPL theoryu exams. Good experience though:p

quifflegend
2nd Nov 2004, 23:04
Thanks foe that guys, been a help, cheers.