PDA

View Full Version : Drugs test in Malaysian 1st class medical cert?

allwerp
31st Oct 2004, 07:30
Do they test you for drugs in a Malaysian 1st class medical?

kwaiyai
31st Oct 2004, 09:14
Not normally, Currently follows the UKCAA system not the JAA which does take a blood sample (not for Drug testing).
Regards.

allwerp
31st Oct 2004, 10:22
good news for me . :O well,would you mind telling me where can I find information about the requirements of
an UK CAA 1st medical cert?

ronnie123
31st Oct 2004, 16:04
But Air Asia will do the drug test.

coef.of.Lift
1st Nov 2004, 00:31
Man if you guys are seriously worried about drug test....

then i suggest that you change your profession as a bus driver...

nameisnotimportant
1st Nov 2004, 04:02
If you are going for a medical sponsored by an airline, theres HUGE chance that they will do a drug test. They can't afford to take cadets who had a history with "recreational" drugs or whatsnot

if you are going for medical on your own e.g going to a malaysian certified DCA doctors and pay for your own medical for a self sponsored PPL or ATPL or whatever PL....there's HUGE chance that they will not test you for drugs.

But the bottom line is drugs and aviation don't mix. Curiousity kills the cat they say.

casio man
1st Nov 2004, 12:00
Drug kills, so when you go down in flames, make sure you aint dragging others along with you!
:mad:

Earl Hadlea
3rd Nov 2004, 10:18
Lots of airlines do drug tests.

Not many authorities do as yet - One that I know of is the UAE GCAA.

The test covers all the recreational drugs, sleeping tablets, codeine etc. etc.

I would assume those airlines that do insist on drugs tests would check for the same stuff.

Metro man
3rd Nov 2004, 11:56
If caught with drugs in Malaysia ,failing an airline medical is the least of your worries .They have the death penalty for drug trafficking.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
5th Nov 2004, 02:56
Allwerp,

Your post is very disturbing as it implies that you are worried about a drug test and that you have been using drugs.

All young people experiment so perhaps in this aspect you can be forgiven for trying out stuff.

But if you are going to be a pilot and have families lives in your hands you had better get your priorities right and clean up your act or get out of this industry.

Drugs are a serious problem and once addicted the user becomes a master at hiding their addiction.

The sad part here is the danger to the innocent people you have strapped in the cabin and thoses around your aircraft.

If you have a problem, deal with it and get professional help.

Wooblah. :(