PDA

View Full Version : Persian Gulf area airlines pay

Panama Jack
30th Oct 2004, 15:22
I am wondering whether the different airlines in the Persian Gulf engage in the practice of paying flight deck crews (pilots) by "economy"-- in other words, pay differs based on the pilot's nationality or country of origin. (ie. A pilot of Airline "A" who is originally from Pakistan earns a different salary than a pilot from the United States who has the same position on the same aircraft and same number of years of service)???

Thanks in advance for all replies.

donpizmeov
30th Oct 2004, 17:53
PJ,

All slaves in the gulf get beaten with the same whip, with the same number of strokes regardless of where you come from.

The beatings seem to differ between companies, but nationality has nothing to do with it.

Hope this helps.

Don

mutt
30th Oct 2004, 18:36
Saudi Arabian certainly beat their slaves with a nationality whip, North Americans at the top, followed by Europeans/Aussies, then others.

Used to apply to cockpit crew as well, but was changed about 5 years ago. Cabin crew are all paid the same low salary :(

Mutt.

sirwa69
31st Oct 2004, 08:15
Panama Jack

You must have an old map :suspect:

No such place as the Persian Gulf anymore, Its now called the Arabian Gulf :ok:

Hope this little geography lesson helps :D :D

On On

ironbutt57
31st Oct 2004, 10:27
old panama jack been watchin' too much CNN

Panama Jack
31st Oct 2004, 13:19
Thanks for the geography lesson. Let's just call it "Al Jazeera" then?

typhoonpilot
1st Nov 2004, 02:27
"You must have an old map

No such place as the Persian Gulf anymore, Its now called the Arabian Gulf

Hope this little geography lesson helps "

Actually, I doubt the Iranians call it the Arabian Gulf. :eek:

Typhoonpilot

Eddie_699
2nd Nov 2004, 08:52
No More Presian Gulf...................

It's Arabian Gulf................

Buy new Map .......and stop watching CNN..........LOL

Eddie

thegypsy
2nd Nov 2004, 11:27
Who decreed that it is no longer the Persian Gulf?? Arabs I guess but who has the final say on changing a long used name??

I suppose the English Channel is called something else by the French??:confused:

BigGeordie
2nd Nov 2004, 15:31
Safest thing is just to call it "The Gulf" - everybody still knows what you mean.:D

Andu
2nd Nov 2004, 18:23
Put it this way, if you're looking for work in 'the Gulf' area, you won't win too many brownie points with any local employers - on either side of the Gulf - calling it "the Persian Gulf".

sirwa69
16th Nov 2004, 06:02
Been away some holidays and get back to find the following PM from 777pilot

5th November 2004 11:59
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
arabian gulf
mr sirwa69 (a self panama jack).just for Your information;You are the one who is using a self- made - NEW map and try to legitimate it too over the internet.we have seen the same things about a several decades ago.when the Israelies started to throw their own made map. so this is not something new.justsave it and keep it to Your self!even the American and Eouropeans and not even Your respectful Amir believe in Your crap

Duh!!! What is he on?

On On

PS 777pilot please do not take the trouble to send me anymore PM's thank you.