PDA

View Full Version : Latest insult to QR pilots

oryxbollocks
30th Oct 2004, 05:38
The word is out that QR First Officers are being offered Four Dollars and Ten Cents US per hour to be Cruise Commanders!

That's it! There's nothing more. No increase in basic salary and you only get this huge amount of money when you are physically doing the job.

Yes! That's what Qatar Airways thinks command of an airplane is worth here.

For those of you thinking of accepting this disgusting offer, think again. The Captains who have to hand over control to you are going to wonder whether you're sane enough to do the job. And as for respect?

GB

Hajj Man
30th Oct 2004, 13:13
I had heard of this offer from some-one that I flew with the other day.

WHAT A SHAME................... And even more of a shame for the guys that accept it and keep the standard coming down.

I wonder if they accept it if they will have to sign a new bond?

Anyone know what the entire offer is about.?

HM:ok:

Dan Winterland
30th Oct 2004, 13:47
Virgin pays nothing. And to add insult to injury they don't pay allowances while your on the course. Not suprisingly, quite a few refuse the 'honour'.

Hajj Man
30th Oct 2004, 15:28
QR does not pay you anything whilst you are on training either.

You get nothing when you go to sim, you get nothing until you start to be productive. Thats right, all you route training you get paid nothing, you fly for free!!!!!!!!!!...........

Who says we don't fly for free anymore? Oh sorry that was as a passenger, I get mixed up all the time. And if you must know, at QR you get paid the big $0 for dead heading to and from a crew.

HM

:ok: