PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 image tarnished.

wawkrk
29th Oct 2004, 19:35
I wanted to book a flight from Barcelona to Leeds.
So, I opened the web page and followed the instructions.
Selected the filght and put in the credit card details.
Then hit the book the flight button.
After 10-15 minutes no response.
I then hit the cancel reservation button and returned to the start page and went through the process again.
This time it was ok.
Then looked at my emails and the flight was confirmed and paid for twice!
I rang Jet2 and told this lady what had happened.
She told me it happens all the time,but,it cannot be cancelled and and I have two reservations.
So, I blew my top, she kept on repeating,have you read the terms and conditions sir.
I take up to 100 flights per year and and have no problems with other airlines.
I have since spoken to another Jet2 agent who finally agreed to put a query in.
Its not a lot of money but I am blazing mad.
Now I know how they make money, all those f*****g empty seats have been paid for!
Has anyone else had this type of problem?

ILS32
29th Oct 2004, 20:07
I have booked their flights 6 times this year and found them a wonderful outfit to fly with.The only time I had trouble booking a flight was when the computer would not accept my Switchcard.
It would not accept the cards expiry date.So I substituted it with my credit card which it accepted without any problems.It appears to have been a one off problem because the other 5 bookings accepted my Switchcard.Most of my friends are using Jet2 for their holiday flights and no one has had the type of problem that you have reported.They all agree with me that it is a fast and efficient booking system.

ILS32

wawkrk
29th Oct 2004, 21:04
Jet2 are fantastic as an airline and have a lot going for them.
In Europe they are far superior to what is left of the old KLM for example.
Everything I have experienced with them and heard about them to date is first class until this booking mistake.
They are obviously taking a huge number of reservations at the moment with Manchester coming on stream, but they should have anticipated this.
To have have such an inflexible booking policy will lose customers.
I was not trying to change dates which I can accept is not allowed, but would anyone book two seats for himself on the same flight unless it was a genuine mistake.
Then for the agent to say it happens all the time and it cannot be changed is unbelievable.

Buster the Bear
29th Oct 2004, 21:42
As the Ryan's would say, "Take it up with your credit card company"!

Seriously, try phoning customer services on Monday, might get a more sympathetic ear especially if you did not receive e-mail confirmation on the 'rogue' booking?

http://whipsnade.co.uk/picturelibrary/jpeg150/br/brown_bear_120_wide.jpg

exrotarybooty
31st Oct 2004, 13:38
wawkrk

I haven't had your problem booking with Jet2, or any other airline on-line, but I have seen the same posting entered twice on a forum because the submit button was hit twice when 'nothing happened the first time'. Damn computers!

I was wondering what I was going to read when I saw 'Jet2 image tarnished', as I thought it would have to be something like binge drinking on the flight deck! As you say, Jet2 are a fantastic airline, and I have heard and read excellent comments about them, so one booking problem is hardly enough cause to tarnish their image, surely. Tarnished or not, I wish they would move to Bournemouth, and give us the benefits you now have at Leeds/Bradford!

Buster Bear gives you good advice, but the best advice is on the Jet2 web site under 'Questions':

'Finally, if for ANY reason you do not receive your booking confirmation after 30 minutes, please contact our Call Centre and we will confirm whether your booking has been successful and generate a further email confirmation. Alternatively, if your booking has failed you will be advised so you know you are free to re-book your flights.'
Unfortunately, we cannot accept responsibility for errors made by our customers when keying their details into a booking made on-line. When a booking is completed, those seats are immediately removed from our sales inventory and are, therefore, no longer for sale. Dates and names on the booking may be changed in accordance with our normal Change Fees.'

It would have been better to have rung the call centre when you first had a problem to check whether your first booking had failed or not. It sounds like you successfully booked two seats on the same flight, and received confirmation of that. However, I don't quite understand how you 'hit the cancel reservation button' as, to the best of my knowledge, there isn't a 'cancel reservation' button on airline on-line booking systems!

If you can give Customer Services the name of the lady who 'discussed' cancellation with you it should help, but technically she was right, as you booked 2 seats, and if she cancelled one of them, (Like other locos, Jet2 is a no-refund airline), you would have lost money.

In your second post you state that you were 'not trying to change dates' as that is not allowed. As you will see from the above Jet2 info, you are allowed to change dates!

I am sure you will receive sympathetic assistance from Jet2 Customer Relations, especially if you are no longer 'blazing mad'. :ok: