View Full Version : Now again

FEBA
29th Oct 2004, 18:02
Business plans have been created and submitted by Lars Wollinder and Grim Nickwood for a new airline. The proposal, I have been informed, is for a 3 ship B737 charter operation ala Astreaus.
Any one out there able to elaborate.

jmc-man
29th Oct 2004, 19:06
Ok, I'll bite ( trying to keep a straight face)

So, New busines plan submitted to whom? CAA? Investors?

And why the charter business...have they no planned business?

ALA Astraeus? But isn't Astraeus getting OUT of the 737 for the charter business, particularly down south? I wouldn't have thought they would do that if there was charter work available for 3 737 size aircraft.

and finally...who will believe these guys, after their last attempt? Credibility is the order of the day.

Hopefully fewer people get shafted this time around.

Buster the Bear
29th Oct 2004, 21:47
BLIMEY! Not now! again!

http://whipsnade.co.uk/picturelibrary/jpeg150/br/brown_bear_120_wide.jpg

vintage ATCO
29th Oct 2004, 22:19
No Buster, Now and again.

bacardi walla
30th Oct 2004, 09:12
Mr G should stay where he is or at least do us all a favour and not get involved in any new start up venture. After losing the financial support last time, what makes him think he will win this time round ? Mr W on the other hand, well, he's a different character, one who could well be trusted.

My guess is that if NOW2 ever start operations, it won't be at LTN. IMHO you understand. :confused:

FEBA
30th Oct 2004, 16:27
BW
Would imagine a launch airport to be BOH. By the way your email address for Frank Bishop bounced.
JMC M
I was fishing for information not more questions. Do you have any.
Rgds to you all
FEBA

bacardi walla
30th Oct 2004, 21:55
BOH ? Why on earth BOH ? Surely the likes of Flybe have got that neck of the woods sown up ? If they are going purely charter, and unless they don't plan joining forces with Palmair, why not be based at either STN, LTN, LGW, BHX etc ?

Honiley
30th Oct 2004, 22:07
Have to agree with BW, with Thomsonfly moving into EGHH, would be a very silly move in view of the limited catchment area - Flybe have EGHI sewn up!

This whole Now thing has just been brought about by NG and others just "playing...." - they no-longer hold any credibilty.

And incidently Bacardi Walla, didn't know you flew the B737-300???? Or were in to "N"Gauge trainsets...!!!????

bacardi walla
30th Oct 2004, 23:46
Honiley there's probably lots you don't know about me :p
Back to the topic in question, and to update my previous intitial posting, my sources say that NG is not actively involved but quite a few of the old Now Airlines team are.

FEBA what makes you think BOH is the likely new base ?

FEBA
31st Oct 2004, 13:25
BW
Because in the nearly days of Now, BOH was their secret base.
Do you know if any of the ex now team has been approached by LW with regard to any future venture?
FEBA

bacardi walla
31st Oct 2004, 17:59
FEBA yes I do know who is part of the new team but at the moment, I'm not at liberty to divulge the information. Sorry.

BOH will be a non starter IMHO. Charter demand will come from other airports as I mentioned before. Lets hope they get it right this time.

eagerbeaver
31st Oct 2004, 18:44
does this mean i will get my job back?

FEBA
1st Nov 2004, 20:28
Me too! :cool: BW ask the team to get in touch
FEBA

trays4takeoff
1st Nov 2004, 20:46
Search hard enough and you'll find them.....

Ventana (http://www.ventana-aviation.com/pages/peopl.htm)

Voila!

bacardi walla
2nd Nov 2004, 06:39
trays4takeoff you took the words right out of my mouth :ok:

Powerjet1
2nd Nov 2004, 06:47
Halcyon House Luton, some of the same people, name change. Are they actually working there now?.

eagerbeaver
2nd Nov 2004, 08:58
So what exactly does this new company do? It looks to me more like a consultancy than an airline.