PDA

View Full Version : REM

Maxflyer
29th Oct 2004, 11:59
Did anyone see REM at Milton Keynes about six years ago? I desperately need to know who the support band were.

Vague i know, but any help gratefully appreciated.

airship
29th Oct 2004, 12:11
I'm sorry, I've never even been to Milton Keynes or dreamed of the place, ever. :(

M.Mouse
29th Oct 2004, 12:15
1995 Classical Spectacular followed by REM and Blur ?

http://www.mkweb.co.uk/Bowl/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=3151

Google is your friend or is it easier to ask somebody else to do the research?

Flying Duck
29th Oct 2004, 12:32
I'm sure that The Cranberries supported on one of the days, I can remember that it was an exceptionally hot day...

happy days ...

Bo Nalls
29th Oct 2004, 12:36
3 minutes of Googling returned this...........

=======================

29 July 1995 - National Bowl, Milton Keynes, England
support: Magnapop, Belly, Blur
set: I Took Your Name / What's The Frequency, Kenneth? / Crush With Eyeliner / Circus Envy / Try Not To Breathe / Orange Crush / You / Bang And Blame / Undertow / Welcome To The Occupation / Strange Currencies / Revolution / Tongue / Man On The Moon / Country Feedback / Losing My Religion / Finest Worksong / Pop Song 89 / Get Up / Star 69
encore: Let Me In / Everybody Hurts / So. Central Rain / Departure / It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

30 July 1995 - National Bowl, Milton Keynes, England
support: Sleeper, The Cranberries, Radiohead
set: What's The Frequency, Kenneth? / Crush With Eyeliner / Drive / Turn You Inside-Out / Try Not To Breathe / I Took Your Name / Undertow / Bang And Blame / I Don't Sleep, I Dream / Strange Currencies / Revolution / Tongue / Man On The Moon / Country Feedback / Half A World Away / Losing My Religion / Pop Song 89 / Finest Worksong / Get Up / Star 69
encore: Let Me In / Everybody Hurts / Fall On Me / Departure / It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
notes: This show was broadcast on the radio around the world and consequently can be found on a huge amount of bootlegs

Maxflyer
1st Nov 2004, 07:30
Thanks Flying Duck.

That was the answer I needed. Apparently Radiohead also played, but I can't remember hearing them at all.

Must be my age?

Maple 01
1st Nov 2004, 09:45
Cranberries defo in support of REM at MK Bowl, I thought they were better too- Deloris was barefoot

Took a then girlfriend along on my Honda 400, which decided to run on one cylinder on the way back- much like our relationship!

-Nick

MMEMatty
1st Nov 2004, 12:38
Goin to see REM in sheffield in Feb. - Can't wait!

Matty