PDA

View Full Version : Are there any good books to learn IATA?

Pappag
29th Oct 2004, 09:54
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of a good book to learn what the travel agents know. I'm mostly interested in learning how to interpret ticket rules and such. Any suggestions?

speedbird_heavy
29th Oct 2004, 15:17
I'm having a wild stab in the dark here but why not try this website

iata.com (https://www.iataonline.com/Store/default.htm?cookie%5Ftest=1)

redfred
2nd Nov 2004, 20:57
a good start would be to enrol on a fares and ticketing course, i think it would be difficult to learn from a book if one even exists as they are changing all the times

Opssys
7th Nov 2004, 13:22
Several points on this:
If you have checked out the IATA Site as suggested by speedbird_heavy, you will have discovered how expensive IATA Publications are!

In general terms these publication are targeted at those who already have both experience and qualifications (i.e they are NOT learning tools), although they are all technically excellent some are written as cures for insomnia.

Similarly IATA Courses whilst again very good, are not really aimed at private individuals and are not cheap!.

So Redfred is correct if you are serious about this you really need to check out some of the Courses available in the UK.

These range through Full Time, Part time and Remote learning. But please accept that this is a complex subject and you have to work through the various levels of course!

A Level 1 Course seem to be around £300 - £500 for remote learning. A whole lot cheaper than IATA (especially when you add Travel and HOTAC)

I hope this is of some help.