PDA

View Full Version : Catch 22

superman_32
29th Oct 2004, 08:05
APPLICANT TO AN AIRLINE

APPLICANT

" I have completed an appoved JAA integrated course and now i hold a fATPL, 200 hrs TT"

AIRLINE

" That is good but our current min. is 1500 hrs TT"

APPLICANT INVESTS IN AN F.I. rating and gets his instructor job

APPLICANT now has 1600 hrs T.T

AIRLINE

" good however we require a type rating, get a type rating and apply"

APPLICANT INVESTS 24K STERLING FOR A TYPE RATING(TAKING A LOAN OUT FOR IT)

AIRLINE
" oh good we need 500 hrs on type...have you got that?"

APPLICANT

APPLICANT

************STUCK***************

new vacancy comes up

AIRLINE

" good you have what we need....BUT what is your age?"

ANYONE ELSE CARE TO ADD TO THIS CYCLE?

TRon
29th Oct 2004, 08:30
Plenty of low hour pilots are getting jobs now. Why dont you stop ranting about your own inability to get a job and go bother some other people.

Much as it pains me to say it, I dont care about the fact the airlines seem to be lifting the bar for you, perhaps it is to make you go away?

Why dont you spend some time actually bettering yourself rather than screaming like a spoilt child on PPRuNe that you cant get a job with all those single engine piston hours.

Hours arent a ticket to a job, neither is a type rating. You need to be a decent enough bloke first, something I dont think they told you when you signed up for your 'approved' course.

superman_32
29th Oct 2004, 16:03
I thought that Pprune is the place where people actually speak their own minds...I am not being a spoilt child, perhaps you had it easy mate, and perhaps you did not have to spend money on your training like I did which now amounted to nearly 60,000 pounds sterling, and by the way, I did not do my training at any cowboy outfit, I was accepted after I have passed stringent exams and selection process....

skyman68
30th Oct 2004, 17:12
Tron and to all other Pruners who read me,

I have nothing to do with this superman32, but I agree with him in a certain way!.
Once you have what they want, they always come with higher reuqirment. do you have jet?, yes, so we need 1000h, we need efis, we need this and that! I think the child is the person who is playing this little sad game with us ! I am not going to fork more money just to make happy a guy sitting behind a desk. (probably a frustrated pilot who get a job at the HR waiting to fly or waiting to get enough money to pay his type for ryanair)

Airlines...Ask me more money (without any guaranty), and I will show you proudly how long my third finger is!

Sir Donald
30th Oct 2004, 18:28
APPLICANT needs to keep on pressing-on regardless of what the answers are. Imagine if you were in the recruitment dep-hundreds of CV every day, the sad part is that they do not even end up for recucling either. Try to stay on top of D pile.
Noboby advertises for pilots with TR only.
Why pay for the TR without a job to go to in the first place.
Also broaden the places that you are looking for work, its not easy moving but ultimately you can always return home.
Good luck, I know it is not easy at the mo but keep on plug'n away, its all worth the while at the end.
SD

Honiley
30th Oct 2004, 22:13
Over the past month I have heard only good recruitment news, especially at the turbo-prop level. I have read on these forums of chaps/chapesses joining Flybe, I have 2 "low-houred" friends who have each joined Eastern and Loganair.

This is the best time we've had since 9/11.

I would have thought GB's and Jet2's new bases at MAN will probably soak up the major movement of jet type rated guys, mainly from MyTravel - here's to 2005!.

Superman_32
Lose the chips on your shoulders and hang on in there....