PDA

View Full Version : Dick's weekend adds.

catseye
29th Oct 2004, 05:42
Hot rumour around that the legend has taken up printed space in the Canberra times for this weekend..

Why not publish it here for a quick critique...

The Eye.

malroy
29th Oct 2004, 05:57
Might just be for his 'Let's buy back Vegemite' crusade. I think that is his latest scheme.

Capt Claret
29th Oct 2004, 05:58
I hope he doesn't buy Vegemite. I like Vegemite but won't buy it if he owns it! :yuk:

karrank
29th Oct 2004, 07:05
I don't think I could do without my vegemite, I'd buy it in a plain brown wrapper.

Would prefer it owned by an Australian, just another Australian PLEASE:sad:

Pinky the pilot
29th Oct 2004, 07:27
Prefer Promite myself. But seriously folks......
Well if DS wants to try to bring Vegemite back to Australian ownership then good luck to him. At least that will occupy his time for a while and he will (hopefully) leave aviation alone for a while.

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

hadagutful
29th Oct 2004, 12:27
OH DEAR ME CAPITAN CLARET

I'm sure Dick will be MOST upset if you don't buy your 6 monthly jar of vegemite..........!

Having had a good go at helping to reform Australia's outdated airspace system he can now try and save some of our industry icons from being gobbled up by overseas interests.

Jerricho
29th Oct 2004, 16:04
Wow. Maybe Dick is going to re-invent Vegemite, based on a US product, but not quite the same.:E

spinout
29th Oct 2004, 22:35
it will be called VEGIEMUCK!

Howard Hughes
29th Oct 2004, 22:45
If Dick buys back vegemite, it wont be Australian owned, just owned by a different yank (I did say yank, but insert your own rhyming slang here), well a wannabee anyway....

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

Mr.Buzzy
29th Oct 2004, 23:15
DICKMITE.... stop wasting our money and leave an airspace system that wastnt broke alone?

DICKMITE... remember that being Australian means being clever and original and not blindly following our heat packin, basketballin\', coke swillin\', burger chewin homies!

Uncommon Sense
31st Oct 2004, 00:12
http://finance.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,11240517%255E462,00.html

Jerricho
31st Oct 2004, 19:24
[QUOTE]"We've been working on our own version of Vegemite, called Ozemite, for the past three years," Mr Smith said.

"It's almost identical but we'd rather have the true-blue Vegemite brand instead." [QUOTE]

Hmmmm, sounds familiar. :E

Feather #3
31st Oct 2004, 23:57
Hate to distract you chaps from thorny debate, but HAS anybody seens these much vaunted adds in the Canberra Times? :confused:

Do it/they exist?

G'day ;)

Atlas Shrugged
1st Nov 2004, 00:48
Feather #3,

I imagine it would go something like this:

"Vegemite (VAS) will produce better health outcomes for the culinery public in this country. It will allow for a more relevant concentration of finite health & safety resources in areas of greatest dietry risk. I remain absolutely consistent in my belief that moving to VAS is in the interests of the travelling public of Australia"....

I can’t wait for the Vegemite conference in Bondi or wherever it was!

Oh, and dont forget this:

VEGEMITE AT A GLANCE

http://www.aopa.com.au/airspace6.jpg

Jerricho
1st Nov 2004, 13:09
Atlas, open your window.

Hear that.......that's me laughing :ok: :ok:

DirtyPierre
1st Nov 2004, 22:17
Love me vegemite, and I would really prefer an aussie to own it even if it is Dick. ( I know, I've said this in a public forum, but hey, I'm a big guy).