PDA

View Full Version : Hotel in SIN w/ crew discount +calling card ?

noflow
28th Oct 2004, 17:24
I will be in Signapore shortly. Need a hotel recommendation for a night or two. Also need to know about phone calling cards. I will need to be able to call US and Malaysia while in Signapore and will also need to call US from Malaysia. 1st timer to SE Asia. TIA for any assistance.

BANANASBANANAS
28th Oct 2004, 17:33
Our crew hotac is the Royal Plaza on Scotts
25 Scott Road

The hotel does crew rates for us when staying in our own time and it is a very nice hotel. Overseas tel charges from SIN, even from your hotel phone, have to be amongst the cheapest and best value in the world so I wouldn't stress too much about that. Cards are readily available.

Its also very nicely located for shopping, night life etc.

If you want contact details for them (and a couple of good steers for bars etc) just send me a PM.

sia sniffer
31st Oct 2004, 01:16
watch out for the bed stains here, they are pretty awful due to the location of Newton hawker (aka hooker) centre just "up" the road.Great for those guys who need a little something else to relieve the boredom when in sin

411A
31st Oct 2004, 04:37
If you do intend to spice up the evening, beware that not all 'she's' are actually 'she's'...a few may be 'him's'.
My F/E found this out one evening, and smacked 'it' in the nose with a glass ashtray, and then spent the rest of the night cleaning the blood off the carpet.
Messy.

noflow
31st Oct 2004, 05:41
I'm not looking for women there. I got a great piece of advice from a retired Flying Tigers captain. He said "keep your first house and your first wife." I sold the first house but still keeping the missus after 17 or so years. Don't want to mess that up over an evening's pleasure. Never know what you might bring back with you and not everything goes away with pencillin like it did 30 years ago.

Are all the hotels quite a distance from the airport?

Do any provide transportation? Best rate I was offered at the hotel recommended above was 160 SD. Kinda pricey but their website makes it look like a nice spot.