PDA

View Full Version : Canada World Airlines?

AN2 Driver
28th Oct 2004, 09:34
Anyone heard of these guys?

http://www.canadaworldairlines.com

Looks kind of strange, apart from the fact that the same guy appears in all sorts of functions (g). Reminds me of Pepe and Mario in that old movie? Looks like a fake, but is it?

Cyrano
28th Oct 2004, 10:13
Someone's put a lot of work into it if it's a fake.

I'm sure there's a market for luxury travel from the Middle East to N America. But I'm not convinced that it's anywhere near sufficient to justify the sort of capacity being proposed here (which radiates out onto many other routes - 747 Montreal-Antananarivo, anyone? :confused: ). I think the planned capacity is way in excess of demand.

There's a variety of interesting product ideas (I'll defer discussion of the practicality of a real fireplace or a real large bath in a 747 :) ) but the bit that really doesn't work for me is the statement that "we want investors, but they can have a maximum of 25% of the company since 75% is reserved for employees." If I'm a super-rich would-be airline tycoon, why exactly would I bankroll the extremely costly refit and operation of this large fleet... just for 25% of the equity?

Interesting - but don't think it'll fly...

C.

Rollingthunder
28th Oct 2004, 10:24
Thanks, I needed a laugh. Fireplace in winter, an aquarium in summer. Doctor on board all flights. Montreal - Port Moresby direct - now that's a route that has been waiting to be operated.

PPRuNeUser0162
28th Oct 2004, 11:44
So they're getting Boeing to put emergency exits into the cargo holds, impressive. Wonder if there's going to be any windows down there???

I thought I had was if they're going to have a fireplace for winter and an aquarium for summer, what happens when they fly over the equator into the opposing season? Is it a multi-function fireplace/aquarium (it cooks the fish that were previously in place???)

And will all the Cabin Crew have white man afro's as modelled in the photos???

eal401
28th Oct 2004, 13:16
Very nice website, maybe it was someone's IT project?

186 seats on a 744? Nice idea, hugely unlikely. Just look at the intended layout. I didn't realise the upper deck was so roomy, four "cabins" AND three bathrooms!!!

:p

Jerricho
28th Oct 2004, 14:12
And once again, they leave Winnipeg of the service list. :(

AN2 Driver
28th Oct 2004, 14:47
Thought so :D

Remember the old "Carry On" with Peter Butterworth playing the whole staff of a hotel single handed? That is what I thought looking at that guy.

<<Fireplace in winter, an aquarium in summer>>

;)

Jep, caught that one too. But then again, these designers have the weirdest ideas := Who was it that once wanted to put double beds into his first class?

Best regards

AN2 Driver

ABird747
29th Oct 2004, 08:49
That has to be one of the funniest things I've seen touted as a business opportunity for a long time!