PDA

View Full Version : Killer police

eal401
27th Oct 2004, 09:08
Looks like it IS safe to do 60 in a 30, even if you do mow down and kill someone. Only if you've got flashing blue lights and siren though, so don't everyone go out and do it.

:mad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/3952461.stm

woody0381
27th Oct 2004, 10:08
I cannot see how the blame can be laid at the door of the police officer. These guys are all highly skilled drivers and are surely capable of using their vehicles safely at speeds in excess of standard limits.

In my opinion the blame lays with the unfortunate student, having been out on the p1ss and not taking due care when attempting to cross the road. Unfortunately she had paid for her mistake with her life and whilst I feel utmost sympathy towards her and her family, we surely cannot be suggesting the impostion of speed limits on drivers answering emergency calls, or blaming those involved in accidents simply because they are trying to attend an emergency scene as quickly as possible.

Where would that end? Critically ill patients in ambulances being "rushed" to hospital at 30mph in case speed limits are broken? I sincerely hope not.

Woody

JB Mods
27th Oct 2004, 10:12
eal401, go out for a nice stroll in the bracing autumn wx instead of endlessly trying to stir up sh!t here on PPRuNe.

Else you might shortly face a 'Killer Mod' . ;)