PDA

View Full Version : Browser problem

likair
26th Oct 2004, 21:38
Hello guys

I have a problem regarding Internet Explorer Browser when trying to open a particular URL.

The problem is that when I write the URL of the site and press enter, the browser is closed automatically!!!

It's interesting becasue this happens only with this address. (till now!!) :bored:

Can anybody help me to solve this problem? Do you think a setting from the browser.

P.S. the site is functioning well and from other computers one can log succesfully!

Thanks for your help. I will wait for your replys!!!!

L|kA|r

amanoffewwords
26th Oct 2004, 22:36
Hi, what browser version are you using, what operating system and have you checked for viruses/malware/spyware etc?

Have you tried clearing the browsers cache (stored pages from previous visits)?

Can you tell us what the URL is (if it's not a state secret!)

And what's the weather in Malta - better than London I guess?

With a bit more info we should be able to help you out (the weather report is optional of course!).

Cheers
Charles

Naples Air Center, Inc.
27th Oct 2004, 16:45
likair,

Like Charles says, without any details, we might as well be tossing darts at a dart board. :eek:

Take Care,

Richard

likair
27th Oct 2004, 17:36
Hey Charles and Richard,

Thanks for your attention!!! How are you??

So here is all the info:
I use Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 6.0 on a Windows XP OS.

I frequently use Spybot to detect any spy programs and so I remove all of them. Recently my antivirus has detected a virus but I have deleted it. I don't think it has anything to do with this problem. (i think) Since now my pc is clean from every virus and spy ware.

I have also removed recently stored pages and cookies but the problem is still there. :*

Yes the URL is www.naplesaircenter.com (http://www.naplesaircenter.com)
Good to have Richard from Naples but I have recently sent a mail there and the reply was that the site is functioning well!! Think the problem is on my side. :bored:

Now the Optional part for Charles :p
Weather in Malta is sunny, yes I guess that's better than London.
But today it rained after a couple of hot weeks. And now the temperature has fallen a little bit ;)
But the majority of the day is sunny!!!!
That's all from the weather info.....

Hope I gave you all the necessary info to resolve this problem.
Thanks a lot for your attention.

Cheers
L|kA|r :ok:

Naples Air Center, Inc.
27th Oct 2004, 21:53
hi likair,

That URL is nothing more than a bounce to another URL. See if you can access the main site:

Naples Air Center, Inc. (http://www.naples-air-center.com)

Let me know if you can get there with that link.

Take Care,

Richard

sky9
28th Oct 2004, 15:44
Likeair,

I have had hugh problems since upgrading to SP2. After thrashing around for ages I opened Norton and ran Windoctor which identified 47 problems. This is after re-installing XP, then updating again with SP2 and updating all the current windows XP fixes. Since doing that my system has improved so it might be worth a try.

likair
28th Oct 2004, 16:11
Hello guys,

Richard I tried the URL already but still with the problem....:rolleyes:

Sky9 can you give me some more info regarding SP2....

Thanks for your attention!!

Regards
L|kA|r

sky9
29th Oct 2004, 13:46
Likair,

Since writing the last post I have completely sorted out my problems by reinstalling my Internet connection with NTL from the original CD Rom. Why I didn't think of doing it I am not too sure :rolleyes: but everything is back to normal. I do wonder whether SP2 changes some settings, but I am not an expert!!

Naples Air Center, Inc.
29th Oct 2004, 16:59
likair,

If you are using Broadband and/or a Router, have you tried resetting them?

Take Care,

Richard

likair
29th Oct 2004, 22:34
Hello Richard

Im not using a router......
The frustration is that before I was able to log on the site but now I can't. All this happened wtihout any setting alteration of the browser or any other internet programs so I don't really now why and from where the problem originated!!!!

Sky9 thanks for the information.....I do the Updates....
Do you think the problem is from there?? But i think if it is from there then why is on a particulat URL and not all the pages I try to log on!!!??

Thanks for your attention and I ook forward to recive your replies!!!

Regards
L|kA|r
Cheers

Naples Air Center, Inc.
29th Oct 2004, 22:54
likair,

How do you connect to the Internet?

Have you tried a different Browser to see if the problem is only with Internet Explorer or other Browsers too?

In Internet Options click on the Settings Button under Temporary Internet Files. Check that Check for newer version of stored pages is set to Automatically.

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. If that does not work, I still have other options for you to try. ;)

likair
30th Oct 2004, 08:56
Hello Richard

I checked what you have suggested and is exectly as you stated.

Still the problem.

I will wait for another suggestion.

Thanks lot for helping!

L|kA|r

Naples Air Center, Inc.
30th Oct 2004, 16:04
likair,

Download Hijack This! (http://www.thespykiller.co.uk) and post the log file here. Do NOT make any repairs. (Hijack This! pulls up everything, including programs that are supposed to be in your computer.)

Take Care,

Richard

likair
31st Oct 2004, 16:00
Hello again

Hope this helps...
Thanks a lot
L|kA|r

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 3:30:28 PM, on 10/31/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
CWINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
CWINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
CWINDOWS\system32\services.exe
CWINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
CWINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
CWINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
CWINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
CWINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
CProgram Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
CWINDOWS\System32\lhwsbvc.exe
CProgram Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
CWINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
CProgram Files\MegaTec\UPSilon 2000\Monw32.exe
CProgram Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
CProgram Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
CProgram Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
CProgram Files\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
CProgram Files\MegaTec\UPSilon 2000\Rupsmon.exe
CWINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
CProgram Files\Winamp\winamp.exe
CProgram Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
CProgram Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
CProgram Files\Adobe\Acrobat 4.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
CFrederick\mIRC\mirc.exe
CProgram Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
CPROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe
CDocuments and Settings\Joe\Local Settings\Temp\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cus...rch/search.html[/url]
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://home.onvol.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cus...rch/search.html[/url]
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cus...//www.yahoo.com[/url]
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0000607D-D204-42C7-8E46-216055BF9918} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - CProgram Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - CProgram Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "CProgram Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "CProgram Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Advanced Tools Check] CPROGRA~1\NORTON~1\AdvTools\ADVCHK.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] CWINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "CProgram Files\Winamp\Winampa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ckvlyolznrruk] CWINDOWS\System32\lhwsbvc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tubcr] CWINDOWS\tubcr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "CProgram Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] CProgram Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] CWINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "CProgram Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = CProgram Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Rupsmon Daemon.lnk = CProgram Files\MegaTec\UPSilon 2000\Monw32.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://CPROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - CProgram Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - CProgram Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {00B71CFB-6864-4346-A978-C0A14556272C} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binar...kr.cab28578.cab
O16 - DPF: {14B87622-7E19-4EA8-93B3-97215F77A6BC} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binar...nt.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {15AD4789-CDB4-47E1-A9DA-992EE8E6BAD6} - http://public.windupdates.com/get_f...585d7b34e81015d
O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download Control Class) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/c...DC_1_0_0_42.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binar...StatsClient.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binar...ro.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/bin/msnchat45.cab

Naples Air Center, Inc.
31st Oct 2004, 16:06
likair,

Have HJT! fix:

Then have HJT! Fix and after you will need to go in and delete the files:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ckvlyolznrruk] C:\WINDOWS\System32\lhwsbvc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tubcr] C:\WINDOWS\tubcr.exe

lhwsbvc.exe is in C:\WINDOWS\System32

tubcr.exe is in C:\WINDOWS

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. When you post the log again, you can just put a check mark in Disable Smilies in This Post so you do not have to alter each line with "C:" in each line of the Log File. ;)

likair
31st Oct 2004, 16:19
Hello Richard

I have deleted

Do I have to do the same for the other two?
i.e.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ckvlyolznrruk] C:\WINDOWS\System32\lhwsbvc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tubcr] C:\WINDOWS\tubcr.exe

L|kA|r

Naples Air Center, Inc.
31st Oct 2004, 23:51
likair,

Yes, delete their entries with Hijack This! and then go in using Windows Explorer and see if you cannot find the files and delete them too.

Take Care,

Richard

likair
1st Nov 2004, 19:36
Ok Richard

I will let you know about any results!!

Cheers

L|kA|r:ok:

likair
3rd Nov 2004, 19:30
Still with the problem!!!

:{

Foodbomber
4th Nov 2004, 23:00
I think its definitely a problem with XP SP2, since being a tad paranoid, I tried that address as well and got similar IE 6.0 shutdown. I had been getting browser dropouts since I installed XP, but put it down to a mistake in setting up windows XP with my modem/router/firewall.
It also fails on the above site with Opera 7.54, which wants to send an error report. It does however work fine with Mozilla firefox.

We have had quite a few complaints about IE6.0 dropping and hanging on other XP SP2 machines at work, all of them patched and up to date. The sites visited are not naughty or nasty, but very varied. It also only seems to be a few sites where it does cause drop dead browsing. We did think maybe the programme the site was written with could be the problem, or something in the page setup, but we havent had the time to look properly at that yet.

Another side affect of installing SP2 is that my Eudora will receive mail, but not send any mail till I delete and rebuild the outbox files.

The XP is a fresh install with SP2 patch included. Just have to wait for another set of patches I suppose.

cheers

Globaliser
5th Nov 2004, 13:25
I've been following this thread and finally tried both of those URLs on my browser - IE6, Win XP Pro SP1 - and I have the same problem. The browser hangs on both URLs. The taskbar also hangs, but I can still switch between windows using Alt+Tab.

Throwing this into the pot in case it helps anyone to diagnose the problem.

likair
5th Nov 2004, 14:42
Hello guys

Thanks a lot for your feedback...

Foodbomber you mantioned quite good points from where the problem might be originated......
I have XP and have downloaded and installed all the patches and programs that are part of the Autoupdate downloads from Microsoft. The last update incuded a firewall and other wizards to setup a wire less network and home LAN networks.

This problem started since I have installed the last package ( i think) :hmm: And yes as you said ,"It also only seems to be a few sites where it does cause drop dead browsing."

Might be the firewall is causing all this. I will try to deactivate it and let you know any results. Yepp might be we have to wait for some other patches. :bored:

Globiliser when I use both URLs on my browser IE6 Win XP PRO with patches, theyt casuse the bowser to drop dead and close!!! It does not hang!!!
So cant switch between windows using Alt+Tab....

Thanks for your attention!!!

L|kA|r
:ok:

maxell
5th Nov 2004, 19:29
I'm running XP pro with SP2 and can access those urls no problem
Seem to recall that I had a problem with some url's with the same results your getting but just cannot recall how i fixed it
Think it was something to do with the java setting in internet explorer

Max

stickyb
5th Nov 2004, 20:12
Just to throw in my tuppence worth.

On a win2k system, latest patches etc, front page of that site is fine.
On a winxp +sp2 system, latest patches, the left hand side green background item with the list that starts FAA flight training displays as redx in box.
Both machines on same internet connection.

likair
5th Nov 2004, 21:29
Hello again

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Maxell you mentioned java. Recently I have downloaded Java Web Start (Java 2 1.4.2_05) but still the problem is still there. Actually I don't know what's the function of this plug in is for......:confused:

Maybe there are some setting I should do....
If you try to find out what were the settings in IE so that I ll try them out, you will be a lot of help for sure ;)

Stickyb before I installed the last update I was able to log on the URL mentioned before without any problems!! The probs. began when installed the last update pach......and the result is IE is closed automatically....

Indeed thanks a lot for your comments and help!!!

L|kA|r :bored:

Foodbomber
5th Nov 2004, 21:56
Interesting suggestion about Java. Ive now deleted runtime Java and rebooted and now I can access the Naples Air Centre website from both IE6.0 and Opera, without either dropping dead, though I do also get the red X in all the green background boxes.

Dont you just love computers!

cheers

likair
5th Nov 2004, 22:06
Wow great....

Foodbomber so you have just disabled Java and back to normal??

Happy to hear that!!!

Hmmmm....I ll try to do this......

Hope this time will be also a success for me.....:E

L|kA|ir

Hey guys.......

Thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At last..... Mission accomplished!!! :ok:

The program or plug-in causing all this problems was Web Start Java!! As Foodbomber and Maxell said this was the cause.

I removed this program from the Add/Remove program and restarted again. And now I can successfully log on the previously mentioned URLs.

Yes I also get the red X box but I think thats from the website coding not from the browsers functionality!!!

Actually I dont know whats the function of the "Web Start Java"? Didn\'t know how and why I installed this plug-in and why causing all this? May be it was with the last update patch? Weird computers...:ouch:

Can anyone tell me? Now it\'s worth knowing all the whole picture after this tough battle to win it :p

Thanks a lot for all who contributed with their posts in this thread!! Good job!!!:ok:

Thanks very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards
L|kA|r

maxell
6th Nov 2004, 09:24
looked at those links again and i have no red crosses in the green background boxes.
checked my java settings in tools/internet options/advanced under Microsoft VM I have ticks in all 3 boxes
Java console enabled
Java logging enabled
JIT compiler for virtual machine enabled

Hope this helps

Max

Naples Air Center, Inc.
7th Nov 2004, 19:41
likair,

That is great news! I am glad to hear you solved the problem. :ok:

Take Care,

Richard

likair
7th Nov 2004, 19:49
Hello Richard

Yes I was able to solve the problem with the help of all of you who contributed with opinions in this thread.

Now I can log easily on the website!! :ok:

Indeed thanks for your precious help!!!

Regards
L|kA|r ;)