PDA

View Full Version : Ulster shf reductions?

Buc Driver
26th Oct 2004, 18:08
There is word going about that there is to be a fairly large reduction in the number of Raf and AAC helos based in the provence, which will also see the AAC relocate the what currently is the RAf site at Aldergrove. Anybody any further info?

Always_broken_in_wilts
26th Oct 2004, 20:20
Hope that it's true as the Emerald Isle really is a toilet:mad:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Fanstop
26th Oct 2004, 20:26
:O Come on its not all that bad. Lots of bogs..... and .......and.......hold on a minute ..your right it is a toilet:ok:

althenick
26th Oct 2004, 21:52
Dunno about the rest of Ulster (I'm sure it's nice) but had some good times in the SNCO's Mess at Moscow while attending to SNONI's comms equip't. Always first on the list for faults and when Routine maintainence was due :ok:

Wizzard
27th Oct 2004, 12:07
I did more than half of my Army flying in NI late 70's - mid 80's including a 30 month tour in Aldergrove. Without doubt the best place to be at the time, loads and loads of flying, great serviceability and a sense of doing a real job instead of running around the woods in Germany with a rubber face on pretending to fight an enemy that in fact had no fuel for their tanks even if they wanted to attack across the IGB!

Also, if you could be arsed to go outside the gate a great place to go on the p*ss if you knew what you were doing - great women (apart from the coachloads of mis-shapes that went to the disco at Kesh!).

And the grab-a-granny night in the RAF Sgts Mess in Aldergrove was a hoot!

Wiz