PDA

View Full Version : Mark Firth ?

Fake Sealion
25th Oct 2004, 15:02
The only person untraced for a 25 yr re-union of ancient (ish!) RN rotorheads was Mark Firth, last seen exiting HM Forces around 1982 ?? and rumoured to be heading to New Zealand to pursue helo ops there.

Can someone help to track this man down !!??

F S

;)

mesh
25th Oct 2004, 16:22
Might have completely the wron person, but think there was a Mark Firth at Cabair soon to be or is CTC. Went by the name Firthy, though he was ex Army though..if it sound about right I will forward you a contact number. I didn't know him but I know a man who does..he would be about 30ish....let me know

Vfrpilotpb
25th Oct 2004, 16:29
There is also a Mark Firth who is the MD of the West London Gun Club, he will be about late 30s to early to mid(no later) 40s
small chap built likea brick outhouse, but very sauve and debonair.

Vfr

Fake Sealion
26th Oct 2004, 12:36
mesh & vfrpilotpb

Thanks for your help.
Mark would be approx 47yrs old or thereabouts and is around 5'10" tall so I don't think either of your two mates could be him.

Thanks again anyway

:p

FS

peterperfect
27th Oct 2004, 11:04
FS
After New Zealand he and Fi came back to UK, she as a GP, he to flog naval guns for someone like Vickers/BMarc. I last saw him 10 years ago when he was a guest at a Ball somewhere.
No names or pack drills, but I think that Lt Cdr initials MJ (last in 771 Sqn TOGS crewroom) recently 'outside', still keeps in touch with Mark. Good luck with the reunion.
pp

Galatea2
9th Nov 2004, 22:05
Yup, that's me.

1. I'm 6'2" rather than 5'10". Flying a Wasp would have been easier if I'd been smaller...and lighter, but we won't go there.

2. I'm not a member of the West London Gun Club, let alone MD. I'm still trying for suave and debonair, but it gets harder every day.

3. I left the mob in '87 not '82 and haven't ever worked for Vickers or BMARC.

4. I'm not 47 but would accept "thereabouts".

now, how can I help?

Fake Sealion
10th Nov 2004, 11:16
Galatea2

Please check your Personal Messages

FS

:D

peterperfect
11th Nov 2004, 17:55
Mark,
I did say "someone like"... surely you know that most of the stuff on this site is factually incorrect and based on scuttlebutt and biased opinion !

Great to hear that you are loafing around the nicer parts of the internet. Enjoy the reunion.

Check your logbook for June 3rd 1985 0.40 SCT in XW 856.
Yours Aye