PDA

View Full Version : Military aircrew question for Puritan

covec
25th Oct 2004, 08:00
Puritan: with reference to your "words of advice for wannabees" topic, please could you offer an opinion about the relevancy, or otherwise, of military aircrew (i.e. non-flight deck) experience counting towards "differential experience" in CVs?

Most non-flight deck aircrew do get a princely 26 hours or so RHS Domine - HS125. In my case, I have also been lucky enough to have secured a Queens Birthday Honours award for services to the RAF, and am also a joint recipient of an RAF award for aviation "professionalism".

That said, I am still an FI(R) chasing hours. And a typical CPL IR with ATPL Theory credit & MCC. No different to anyone else in that respect.

Unfortunately, I am also 45. I just hope that I can get something in the commercial flying world that negates further trips abroad on behalf of the US President!

Your "words of advice for wannabees" was very succint. I am coming to the horrible realisation that having spent the cash and getting the tickets does not guarentee a thing....for any of us.

Kind Regards