PDA

View Full Version : BA self sponsored pilots. The Future?

Kempus
24th Oct 2004, 20:51
Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been mentioned but been on a trip but in the recent BA News there is an advert for self sponsored pilots with min hours. Now before evryone starts applying it is for current BA serving staff only.

Are they struggling to get the applications to fill the hold pool DEP or is this a sign of future pilot recruitment in BA?

Now what it it asks for is that you have fATPL which has been done on a full time integrated course. It doesn't give any names of schools so maybe shying away from the 60k of OAT to a cheaper school could land you with a chance??!!??

Just thought i'd mention it and sorry again if it has already been addressed.

kempus

Edited cos the title wasn't really relevant!

Re-Heat
26th Oct 2004, 07:10
Kempus,

They are also recruiting self-sponsored pilots externally from Oxford, Jerez and other integrated course schools - there is another discussion about in the wannabes forums.

I reckon they simply cannot justify the resources to do a full sponsorship and may have the prevention on more bulges in mind perhaps?

Kempus
26th Oct 2004, 10:59
Hi,

Yep seen that yesterday! doh! Perhaps a little email to John is in order but i see that OAT are only doing the testing, dont need to go there to apply!

kempus

wubalaj
26th Oct 2004, 15:51
John Monks did the rounds in the chosen FTO´s about a month ago.

The only ones I am aware of so far are the integrated courses at Jerez, Cabair and Oxford. The way it will work is purely via recommendation from the approved school who at present can only put forward students who achieve 85% average with 1st time passes in GS and 1st series pass CPL-IR. With this criteria, an all important recommendation from the school and a successful interview, you will then do a Joc that may or may not lead to an offer of employment.

As far as I am aware nothing has changed in the last month and the Joc courses are starting in the very near future.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion. Good signs for all wannabees though.

W.