PDA

View Full Version : ++++++++

Fokkerwokker
23rd Oct 2004, 18:13
That's what my wife's computer seems to generate intermittently in the URL address bar. Anyone any idea what causes it?

Rgds

FW

PS Meant to say it keeps repeating itself until I hit delete to stop it

goates
23rd Oct 2004, 18:18
Check out the sticky at the top of the forum page for tips on removing spyware and malware etc. That's the first thing to check out. If that still doesn't help, let us know.

goates

BLUE SKY THINKER
23rd Oct 2004, 18:27
Fokkerwokker.....

As a quick 'one off' experiment before getting too involved why not clear the URL address bar "memory" (Internet Properties > Clear History)?

May just work. Good luck.

E-Liam
23rd Oct 2004, 18:39
Hi FW,

If the above suggestions don't work, then please download 'Hijack This!' from here (http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/), unzip, and place it in it’s own folder, (not in the temp folder, or on the desktop) doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan". When the scan is finished, click "Save Log", and copy and paste it in a reply.

This will give me a rundown of what’s going on in your PC. Don’t fix anything yourself yet, as a lot of the stuff on that list will be harmless or required.

The strangest thing is that I've just found out that you can't google for the plus sign.. how very strange.. :D

Cheers

Liam

BLUE SKY THINKER
23rd Oct 2004, 18:50
Fokkerwokker.....

PS:.....(if it's not too late and you haven't alredy cleared the 'History'!!!).....

Bring up the 'History' toolbar on the left of the IE page and if you have entries for '++++++++', right click and look at "Properties" for possible clues.

Fokkerwokker
24th Oct 2004, 07:15
Thanks Forumites. I'll get onto it as soon as I get home.

Brgds

FW

Fokkerwokker
29th Oct 2004, 19:44
VERY very embarrassed to say this was caused by a sticking '+' key!

Thanks for all the suggestions anyway

Brgds

FW :O

Naples Air Center, Inc.
29th Oct 2004, 19:48
Fokkerwokker,

Glad to hear it was a simple solution and not some sort of Malware.

Might be a good time to get a nice Logitech Keyboard replacement. ;)

Take Care,

Richard