PDA

View Full Version : depletion of the subject layer

tony draper
23rd Oct 2004, 10:11
Thats it! evey subject in the known univers has now been covered on JB, we is buggad subject wise, new posters have no chance of starting a long thread because its all already been done, soon as they posts something, links are posted by jaded prooners pointing to the 17 times funny aircraft maintenence reports ect have been previously posted.
If you doubt this,ponder the fact that even Brussel Sprouts have had four threads devoted to them.
What we gonna do now.
:{ :rolleyes:

DeepC
23rd Oct 2004, 10:48
The ironic thing is that the only subject that is guaranteed to provide new material is Current Affairs. Which the disussion of, is actively discouraged on the forum. I can understand the reasons why but that is also one of the reasons that JB is a bit stale at the moment.

DeepC

SyllogismCheck
23rd Oct 2004, 10:51
Hasn't this subject been covered before?
:E

Parapunter
23rd Oct 2004, 10:52
Have we done Tea? Fond of a good cuppa, me.

tony draper
23rd Oct 2004, 11:09
A quick search indicates that there are no less than 767 posts on tea Mr P.
:(

SLFguy
23rd Oct 2004, 11:15
Infections in the urinary tract of Gerbils

SyllogismCheck
23rd Oct 2004, 11:22
Couldnt find one about "Interesting/unusual objects under your bed." but maybe I need to refine my search.

Flippers by the way, amongst other things.:O

tony draper
23rd Oct 2004, 11:33
I think there was a sub section covering "Unusual items found under the bed" in the highly esteemed "Oldest food item found in the back of your cuboard" thread of 2001
Th gerbil thing was covered in Mr Binoculars interesting thread The diagnosis and treament of common diseases in small mammals
:(

SLFguy
23rd Oct 2004, 11:39
T'was the thread in which I found the gerbil recipe.

flapsforty
23rd Oct 2004, 11:40
Easy solution Drapes; anyone who's been posting on JB for more than 2 years gets banned from the forum.
Cats that keep linking to previous threads get taken to the Vet, jaded-ness becomes punishable by whipping.
:ok: :E

Parapunter
23rd Oct 2004, 11:41
Weel, I guess a mass resignation from JB is in the air then. On the other hand, I doubt that has been debated. Normally, Danny's muscle:p is threatening to chuck us all off instead.

SyllogismCheck
23rd Oct 2004, 11:50
Purely as a matter of interest has 'Whipping' been done before?
Or should that be totally obvious? Maybe obvious enough to class as 'jaded' hence surely punishable by.... :ooh: :O :E

One can but hope!

flapsforty
23rd Oct 2004, 11:50
Ah yes, I can ask him if he can come in here again and wield some stick like in the days of old.
Many broken bones littered the forum and many bruised egos cried in the corridors.... scores of offended dignities stormed off and many a sulking face was spotted on copycat boards, jointly bewailing the inadequacies of PPRuNe......
Wagons were circled, Lefty Luvvies rallied the troops and Rightie Haties salivated over the carnage.

Yes, splendid idea, I'll get onto it right away. ;)

BlueDiamond
23rd Oct 2004, 11:51
jaded-ness becomes punishable by whipping.
Oh dear, Flaps ... you prolly shouldn't have said that. You'll have them queueing up for miles!

:uhoh:

flapsforty
23rd Oct 2004, 11:52
All whipping will be meted out by Wholigan, I thought that was obvious? :confused:

SyllogismCheck
23rd Oct 2004, 11:57
:eek:
Anyone like my spot at the front of the queue?
I... er... I think I..er.. left the gas on.

XXTSGR
23rd Oct 2004, 12:26
Why is it that every time I read one of Mr. Draper's posts a vision comes into my head of a sort of cross between Oz out of "Auf Wiedersehen Pet" and Compo out of "Last of the Summer Wine"? :confused: :uhoh:

tony draper
23rd Oct 2004, 12:42
Nah!, them twos way to posh to be Draper.
:cool:

Binoculars
23rd Oct 2004, 14:34
This has led me to an interesting thought. ( I need leading, i don't have any of my own).

The Jaded Ones, instead of waiting around for somebody to post something new and fighting to be the first to say "Ha!! That's not new!! See my post of 18/6/2000!" can use, wait for it: the search function!

This is a splendid idea Mr D, and this very minute I am going to go to search and type in Nigella, and luxuriate in memories and fantasies from years gone by. 'tis the beauty of getting old, fantasies can be repeated 'cos you forget the first time.

I'm going now, and I may be some time... ;) :E

acbus1
23rd Oct 2004, 17:01
Maybe some idiot should start a thread about totally uninteresting and irrelevant stuff.

Second thoughts.........it'll never catch on. :rolleyes:

joe2812
23rd Oct 2004, 17:05
All we can do now that every topic has been discussed, is talk about the fact that every topic has been discussed :(

Loki
23rd Oct 2004, 18:12
How about a no subject thread?

Or is this one?

Flypro
23rd Oct 2004, 19:43
How about an invisible thread?...... T.I.C would like that!

Though personally, I can't see it catching on:ok:

timmcat
23rd Oct 2004, 20:36
Or.....

why not delete the entire JB archive.. then we can start all over again!

AntiCrash
24th Oct 2004, 02:03
A thread about nothing! Great, we can call it Seinfeld.

Val d'Isere
24th Oct 2004, 07:03
How about an invisible thread?......
Been done already.

Here's the link

Binoculars
24th Oct 2004, 07:53
Just reporting back from my visit to the past; (Nigella sends her regards btw :E ). I have to recommend this trip to all the old timers here. Just type a word into search; wives, guns, drugs, music, something deliberately vague, set one year ago and older in ascending order as the parameters, then join me over there in a delicious exercise in nostalgia.

And talk about gone missing in action! I selected these names from just two threads as examples, which is not necessarily to say that I want to see all of them back. ;)

Id rather, Iceolearanic, Ickle black box, Tower Dog, Hagbard the Amateur, Throttle Monkey, pjdj777, Gash Handlin, Radar Departure, Steepclimb, Winston Smith, Swashplate, Velvet, Mriya225, dingducky, RW-1, Capt Vegemite, Moritz Suter (!), Captain Ed/I.M. Esperto etc (!!!) callyoushortly (sadly missed),
old-cross-bound(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), Tartan Gannet, neutral99, etc etc.

We all know where a few of them have gone; I wonder if any of the others are still here under different guises? I think I can guarantee at least one of them is! :E

BlueDiamond
24th Oct 2004, 08:00
Now there's a blast from the past, Binos! Where did they all get to? I still reckon Ice and Moritz were the same person but I guess we'll never know for sure now.

Do you remember Jazzi's Jammin' Jesus Junkie Joint (or whatever it was called) thread? Definitely one of Jet Blast's best.

:ok:

OzExpat
24th Oct 2004, 08:35
Yeah Binos, there really IS at least one of those characters who's here under another name... :E And I agree with you that Cally is very definitely sadly missed. :sad: Wonder if we'll ever see the delightful Jazzi back here?

I remember meeting Gashy at one of ConJam's EDI bashes a few years ago, but it's been a real long time since I've seen him on PPRuNe.

Looking through that list, there's a second username that's jumped off the page at me. He's still here, under another guise. And, no, it's not OCB... at least, I hope not! :}

Binoculars
24th Oct 2004, 09:31
Arrrgh, how could I have forgotten Jazzi? Well, as I said, I just copied the names as I went through the two threads I picked out. Naturally I didn't look at any threads about sex; no wonder I didn't see her name. :E

What I should do at some stage is go through and do a huge list, then ask current day Prruners to admit they are one and the same, without necessarily admitting who their other persona was.

Hmmm, maybe tomorrow........... :rolleyes:

dudduddud
24th Oct 2004, 12:04
Maybe we need to reduce our CFC's (completly futile contributions).

XXTSGR
24th Oct 2004, 12:14
I have to admit that I am another PPRuNer (we think) when the other one isn't looking. But both of us are not one and the same - we're two and the same when the other one isn't around. And when he is, we aren't. :confused: :uhoh: :ooh:

BlueDiamond
24th Oct 2004, 12:36
You should be able to get help for that, XXTSGR.

I used to be schizophrenic until they cured me and now where am I when I need me most?

:uhoh:

The Invisible Cat
24th Oct 2004, 17:34
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1527099&highlight=whip%2A#post1527099

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=538465&highlight=whip%2A#post538465

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=460112&highlight=whip%2A#post460112

:p :E :suspect: :E :suspect: :p

SyllogismCheck
24th Oct 2004, 23:16
T I C!
Whipped, whip and whipping.
:E

timmcat
24th Oct 2004, 23:22
TIC , Flaps is goin' to give you a bit of a kickin methinks....

SyllogismCheck
24th Oct 2004, 23:38
One cat's kicking is another cats whipping as they say.
:D

Val d'Isere
25th Oct 2004, 07:20
I used to be schizophrenic.......
.......but now we're both OK.