PDA

View Full Version : US west coast to PEN or KUL

noflow
23rd Oct 2004, 02:19
I'm a captain for a US regional trying to figure a way from west coast US to either KUL or preferably PEN. Main problem is getting from usual gateway cities to Malaysia. My company doesn't have pass agreement with SQ, UL, EK, AI, or JAL. Any ideas? Do any of the Asian carriers permit US jumpseaters?

Medwin
23rd Oct 2004, 04:18
is your company have ZED(zonal employee discount) agreements with any airline at all?

HotDog
23rd Oct 2004, 10:58
Jumpseat is dead since 9/11, unless you are an active employee of the airline in question.

Medwin
23rd Oct 2004, 15:07
Hotdog,

Jumpseat is back in the US again. We have this program called CASS, its a new program that can check the pilots background, certificate, etc. Lots of airlines are participating in this program. You just need to bring your passport for verification.
And this is US only. Some US based carriers still do not accept international jumpseaters.

Xfr8dog
23rd Oct 2004, 16:39
MH goes LAX-KUL.

If your company is on CASS, you could go UPS to PEN.

Van Pelt338
24th Oct 2004, 03:44
Polar Air Cargo can get you as far as SYD or SIN
out of JFK/ORD/TOL/LAX or HNL

www.polaraircargo.com

noflow
24th Oct 2004, 18:33
We have ZED agreements with many carriers but none of the ones that serve KUL or PEN. What really surprised me is that we have an agreement with Iran Air.

We are not a CASS participant but hopefully we wil be in the future. Right now anything that costs money is unpopular with managment regardless of impressive earnings.

Virtual Reality
27th Oct 2004, 17:13
Any ZED with CI, BR, CX, TG, LH or KLM ?? If there is no ZED, probably there is any other form of agreement (ID 90 or ID 75) with the above mentioned airlines, if the answer is still no, then sorry mate, can't help anymore .........

Jango
29th Oct 2004, 13:11
Where in SE Asia can you get to? I am based in PEN, if you can get to Singapore, Jakarta or Bangkok there are plenty of local cheap flights to PEN and KUL from there. Check out Air Asia routes.

noflow
30th Oct 2004, 02:39
Thanks for the help. I'll be travelling to SIN on either UAL or NWA and using Air Asia or other local carrier from there. If you happen to see a confused and tired Yank wandering thru Changi stop and say hi.

Jango
30th Oct 2004, 07:28
Well if you get to SIN..there is always the bus from Johore Baru (across the causeway in Malaysia) up to PEN for about RM35 return, thats about 10 USD..only 11 hours or so!

But actually, get across to JB and fly Air Asia from there up to destinations in Malaysia, you pay in RM which 2 to 1 for Sing dollar.