PDA

View Full Version : Graphology

fishtits
22nd Oct 2004, 14:52
Graphology (gra.fol.le.ji)

The study of handwriting and its revaluation of personality facets and character traits through slant, pressure, etc. The manifestation through writing of patterns of thought, emotional discipline, energy and enthusiasm, curiosity, independence, imagination, manual dexterity, hidden aptitudes and natural abilities.

I came across a handwriting analysis website where you can take a test online by using a sample of your handwriting to compare to known datums.

I hadn't really expected a gob smacking insight into my personality but got one nonetheless! It's uncannily accurate.

If you've got half an hour I highly recommend it - it's free!

PS Be sure to check out the head on the dodgy fecker who wrote the program!!! :E

Let us know how accurate yours is..... :eek: (http://www.quantumenterprises.co.uk/handwriting/index.htm)

FT

yintsinmerite
22nd Oct 2004, 15:17
eek, he looks like Bill Gates geeky brother !!

Grainger
22nd Oct 2004, 15:18
Interesting . . .

's bollocks isn't it ?

However, never let it be said that G isn't open-minded. Off to get meself tested. Report back later.

fishtits
22nd Oct 2004, 15:22
yintsinmerite,

I reckon he looks like the guy Bill Gates picked on in school. Him and Stephen Hawkings....

:E

Good on ya G... It's what I thought myself! Bordering on very interesting though!

UL730
22nd Oct 2004, 15:25
Do really want this man exploring your mind? :uhoh:

http://www.quantumenterprises.co.uk/hwaimages/andrewhunt.jpg

Grainger
22nd Oct 2004, 15:37
OK, here goes....

A lot of it is statements of the bleedin' obvious - if your writing is tidy then you are organised, and if it's untidy you're disorganised. Underlining your signature is a sign of confidence, that kind of thing.

There's also a certain feeling of 'cold reading' about the whole thing - that's to say, plenty of fairly general comments that might apply to many people. Basic psychology that you'll remember the bits that seem spookily accurate and play down the ones that are way off beam.

As for hedging your bets, how's:
...may tend to adopt either a controlled and conformist attitude or, equally, may choose to follow a freer, less conformist lifestyle.
... and who wouldn't agree with being told that they are "above average intelligence ? "

Nice try, though .

EDDNHopper
22nd Oct 2004, 15:57
Largely agree with Grainger.

In my case, about half to two thirds of the analysis were quite appropriate. At least a third, however, was not.

I do, however, believe that your handwriting can tell a lot about your personality. To get a more accurate picture from ones handwriting, IŽd think it needs more than 30 or so questions and a computerised, and as thus standardised, analysis.

Feeton Terrafirma
22nd Oct 2004, 16:07
Expansive, worldly, intelligent, stressed, tired, assertive.........

and a lot more drivel to boot.

fishtits
22nd Oct 2004, 16:23
Okay,

Obviously this interpretation is not going to be as good as a human graphologer sitting down with your scrawl and spending two days identifying your various personality flaws.... BUT... I reckon it's not a bad effort by a computer program - which is of course limited to interpolate between the personality traits usually displayed by the particular scratches or leans that your handwriting employs.

If you separate the chaff from the wheat (ie forget the "indicates an above average IQ" shite - there is a commercial incentive) I found that the interpretations had me nailed pretty well - some of it not terribly flattering either I hasten to add ("there are a few signs of aggression....." etc) and reckon that, like EDDN, about 2/3's was a good take on my personality.

Not bad for a 'puter...IMHO

Well done nerdy lugs.... good effort!

:E

itchy kitchin
27th Oct 2004, 15:29
that site:
A huge steaming parcel of warm shite.

aidanf
27th Oct 2004, 17:20
fishtits ya fecker - you owe me 30 minutes of me life. Talk about stating the bleedin' obvious.