PDA

View Full Version : BA CitiExpress Application

ACE Diamond
22nd Oct 2004, 13:08
I am trying to fill in the BA CitiExpress application form and there is a question on business awareness which I am stuck on..!! :confused:

Can anyone help and offer any suggestions..??

Business Awareness:

Please indicate a business issue currently facing the aviation industry and how this could be met by regional airlines (Max 200 words).

Thanks..!!

give me an axe
22nd Oct 2004, 14:13
have you ever heard of the low cost carriers...........

just a thought

ACE Diamond
22nd Oct 2004, 15:01
Not sure what you mean. The way I read the question is that there are problems in aviation currently and if you choose one of these problems explain how a regional operator can solve this.

Do you mean low cost operators are creating a problem for regional operators i.e. they have to compete on price, so need to make saving elsewhere to generate the required profit.

give me an axe
22nd Oct 2004, 18:37
something like that, but what do i know, eh .......oh, im starting with bacx in two weeks, weyhey.........

StudentInDebt
23rd Oct 2004, 00:08
I'd start reading Flight International quickly if I were you ace. If you really can't think of an issue facing the aviation industry and how a regional airline can meet it you are going to need to order a few back issues as well!!

jetplease!
23rd Oct 2004, 10:01
No offence, but I don't think you'll get too many answers to this. Everyone else who has done the application form had to do it off their own back, not by asking the question on here and expecting the answer to be given to them.

Pilot Pete
23rd Oct 2004, 11:24
ACE

You need to heed the comments offered thus far. This is not a personal dig, but a general bit of advice aimed at anyone in a similar position.

If you are serious about working in an industry (any industry in a similar 'professional' capacity) you should have your finger somewhere near the pulse in that industry and have an opinion about the business as a whole, the various players in that business and your chosen company especially. How can you hope to sound credible when you say "I really want to work for this company" if you have little idea about the issues facing that company, it's competitors and the industry in general? Someone who has made an informed choice, based on fact, interpretation and understanding will stand out as a more desirable candidate at interview (all other things being equal). Think about the competetion you currently face for the position you desire and realise that if you aren't doing enough sure as hell someone else will be............which one of you is going to get the phone call and which the 'thank you for attending' letter...............?

I wish you well.

PP

ACE Diamond
26th Oct 2004, 17:04
Was not looking for anyone to write me an essay, just was looking for ideas so I could do some research, so if i was called for interview i would have a very good idea to what i was talking about.

I have friends in the business and when I showed the question to them all I got back where blank faces or comments like that's why i could not be bothered filling out the application and went to work for someone else.

I thought that this forum would be of help.. seems not..

haughtney1
26th Oct 2004, 20:58
Ace..Pete is spot on....but I have some suggestions as well.

1. look at the Low cost carriers..and how they relate to BACX
2. look at the type of business BACX is trying to capture.
3. Try to understand the differences between low cost, regional point to point, and traditional flag carriers.

If you can do all that in 200 words or less....then hopefully it should help for an interview....I did..got the interview..got offered a job.....took a better job elsewhere..go figure!

Oh and I can recommend Petes CV service.....It got me the interview for the better job.....thanks Pete.

cheers

H

ACE Diamond
27th Oct 2004, 15:24
Haughtney1,

Thanks for your post that was exactly the kind of help I was looking for:ok:

ACE