PDA

View Full Version : Skymark Japan getting 737's

murdoch_disliker
22nd Oct 2004, 02:33
Does anybody know when Skymark are getting their 737's. I heard they have already advertised in the paper for local F/O's.
Who is the agency that provides crew to Skymark. Cheers

coco-nuts
23rd Oct 2004, 21:58
you might be right there mate. a friend of mine operated the ansett sim that had italians and yanks plus some other nationalities being checked out. they were all skippers.

Kaptin M
23rd Oct 2004, 23:31
PARC have provided pilots to Skymark in the past.
They are also handling the Air Do 737 contract, and the JAL Express MD one.

To date, requirements are for Captains only.

ps. How're they hangin', coco? ;)

LindbergB767
25th Oct 2004, 08:37
Yes it is true that Skymark is getting 2 B737 NG next year
They should get them in November 2005
Some first officer local will go from the B767 for a year as FO on B737 then will upgrade as Captains
They will certainly need some expats as Captain but for the time being no hiring is being done
Skymark is a very good Cie and peoples are very helpful and nice
D ont forget that you have to pass the Japanese ATPL. It take around 5 months including final route check
The contract should be with Parc as we have on B767

JapJok
1st Nov 2004, 08:50
I posted this elsewhere, but so that it gets the best ocverage, I`ve done so again on this thread. It would appear that Skymark is about the best of the smaller companies in Japan though, and PARC the best of the recruiters.

You don`t want to work for ANY company in Japan. They don`t observe contract conditions, and if you`re here through Rishworth, then you`ll get no help from them.

In fact, they will aid and abet the company in attempting to screw you, no doubt for a consideration on the side; that`s the way business is done here.
Rishworth are currently advertising for more 737 Captains; don`t touch them. The guys there are having almost daily battles with the management, and the first group coming up for renewal will almost certainly all go. You`ll only be replacing them.

AirDo are about to recruit through a PARCcontract, and I think it`s generally known that PARC are about the best of the parasitical crew contracting companies. AirDo will almost certainly take guys from within Japan, recently having displayed a penchant for poaching, contrary to what foreign pilots are told on arrival; you won`t be able to move fromone company to another in Japan because they don`t poach each other`s pilots. That may be true for the Japs, but not foreigners.

When you consider the f&%$#& stupid pricks at JCAB and they way they conduct checks (they`re only light aircraft pilots, no airline experience), the blatant racism displayed, the fact that you`re paid a LOT less than the Japs and your standard will be MUCH higher regardless of where you`re from, the never ending `training`that takes you upwards of four months to get a Jap licence (I know of one guy who took 11 months), the constant breaches of contract put down to a `misunderstanding`along with a range of other antagonistic issues, you would not want to come to Japan.

The standard of piloting by the Japs, both Captains and FOs, and engineering here is substandard. I`d like a $ for every time a local Fo has damn near killed me.

The Japs have taken lying to a whole new level, and are the most dishonest, duplicitious and devious people you will ever deal with. They make the Arabs looks like saints.

I`m out of here within a few months and I will NEVER return, not even for a holiday. The Japs have made me hate the place, and there are some things you are just not prepared to do for money. One of them is live and work in this $hithole and work for these C###S.

Sorry for the slightly off topic post. For further info see the `Asiana` thread. Most of that applies to Japan as well