View Full Version : Anyone here from Titan Airways UK

fourplay
22nd Oct 2004, 00:41
I recently came across this airline whilst doing a thread search, and was suprised I had not heard about it on here earlier.

The website, VIP product and cabin crew uniform all look great.
We could really do with an op here in AU like this.
ie config premium/business only.

Believe a LAME in MEL is trying to get something off the ground a little similar.
Anyone ex or currently from Titan willing to discuss the airline on here I for one would love to here about it.

www.titan-airways.co.uk :} :} :}

Musket90
23rd Oct 2004, 22:46
Based at London/Stansted. Do mixture of contracted cargo/pax flights and corporate/VIP. Also provide aircraft at very short notice for any airline who are short of an aircraft. Pax aircraft are ATR42, Bae146-200, B737-300 and B757-200.

Sometimes lots of standby roster but sometimes very busy, so not suitable for everyone, however such variety can make it a very interesting and satisfying company to work for.

Cabin crew are of very high quality and are well looked after but recruitment doesn't occur all that often.

fourplay
24th Oct 2004, 00:20
Thanks Musket.

Sounds interesting,
Not often recruiting... sign of contentment possibly? :O :O :O

Man I love that uniform, deluxe.
Keep up the good work.

Pontious
24th Oct 2004, 02:11
I worked there from Feb 1996- Jan 1997 and without doubt, Titan was the best company I ever worked for.The boss was a hell of a nice guy called Gene Wilson and he was by far and away the most laid back, caring,'people-person' manager I have ever had the privilege to serve under.

The team he has surrounded himself with are all handpicked and I would say from Gene through the managers and down to the line employees the best bunch of individuals you could ever hope to fly with.

Quite possibly the best kept secret in UK aviation.

:ok:

fourplay
24th Oct 2004, 02:23
Pontious,

Nice one!

You really do not hear a great deal about employees being happy in their jobs.
Seems to be the smaller companies that are intouch with their people are the better ones to work for.

Why do corporations constantly lack appreciation for their staff?
A close friend of mine is ground staff for Virgin Blue in MEL, she is always mentioning benifits the company offers them,
And the fact that they have a hoot at work and its encouraged.

It really helps if management are good to you.
I have had some shockers over the years!...
(non airline employment)

Honeytruck
24th Oct 2004, 16:07
I had an interview last year with Titan. Got turned down. I suspect it was largely cos they were put off by my BA background. No hard feelings; they seemed a pleasant and professional outfit. BUT, the pay they were offering at junior level was atrocious, even by normal f/a standards. It would be impossible to live on it. You would have to be subsidised and housed by parents or wealthy partner.

So, Titanfolk, is it substantially bumped up by flight pay and/or allowances, or do you just not mind? Or have things changed in the last year?

Musket90
24th Oct 2004, 21:35
Flight pay is needed in addition to normal pay to be able to live on. Fortunately Titan have been very busy this summer, helped by operating domestics for BA with B737 for past couple of months out of LHR. At quieter times when more standby roster you may need another source of income to pay the bills.