PDA

View Full Version : Little Britain

Barnstormer1982
21st Oct 2004, 22:38
One has seen "Little Britain" on BBC3 earlier this week and wonders whether the British are proud to have such a show on telly during their prime time.

What do my fellow ppruners think? Is this the best comedy show we can get? Is it time for more epic shows? Should we get another episode of The Simpsons during this precious time of our day?

Spotting Bad Guys
21st Oct 2004, 22:58
You should try watching BBC America - Friday night's prime time entertainment: The Avengers, The Saint and The Prisoner!:hmm:

Add to this the 'classic' comedy of Are You Being Served and Keeping Up Appearances....only the best exports over here, you know!

:mad:

SBG

Rollingthunder
21st Oct 2004, 23:13
You should try watching BBC Canada. Main problem is that 40% of the content has to be Canadian in origin. Rather defeats the purpose. Thanks CRTC for taking everything a bit too far. At least I have 140 other channels to surf.

stagger
22nd Oct 2004, 00:03
The first series of Little Britain was rather good. However, most of the humour is based on repetition of familiar lines and, unlike The Fast Show which relied on the same device, it's already looking a bit tired at the start of the second series.

Big Tudor
22nd Oct 2004, 10:14
wonders whether the British are proud to have such a show on telly during their prime time.
Well, talking personally, I am proud that Britain can still produce a comedy show that makes people laugh (it makes me laugh anyway). It is refreshingly different from the standard garbage that gets churned out these days.
I wouldn't call 9pm on BBC3 exactly prime viewing, and I would far rather see a British programme on tele than recycled US rubbish that we are normally presented with. I'm sorry but programmes such as Friends, Cheers, Frasier, etc are about as humourous as haemorrhoids as far as I'm concerned.

eal401
22nd Oct 2004, 10:26
I wouldn't call 9pm on BBC3 exactly prime viewing
I wouldn't call anything on BBC 3 prime viewing!! ;)

Well, my mum and dad like it, but I've never watched it myself.

timmcat
22nd Oct 2004, 10:33
BBC3 has it's moments, but has anyone ever watched anything on BBC4?

BTW - get your freeview boxes to scan for new channels, ITV3 starts on channel thirty something on November 1st. Looks fairly promising looking at ITV site. (http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=2132)

Snifferdog
22nd Oct 2004, 11:16
I'm the only BBC 3 viewer in my village!!:}

eal401
22nd Oct 2004, 11:19
ITV3
Looks like another ITV2 to me.

Parapunter
22nd Oct 2004, 11:45
Yeah I know :}

Boss Raptor
22nd Oct 2004, 16:59
I like it - yeah but yeah but no but...its not too hard to understand and is visually very funny

First episode of 2nd new series looks like it may be a bit over complicated...uh uh uhh...

ElectroVlasic
22nd Oct 2004, 17:59
I'm sorry but programmes such as Friends, Cheers, Frasier, etc are about as humourous as haemorrhoids as far as I'm concerned. Ow, c'mon, a good case of haemorrhoids can be pretty funny!

PS: I'm impressed by your spelling abilities!

Cowbell
22nd Oct 2004, 18:17
:{

Just remember it could always be BBC America. All the stuff seems over three years old and usually junk. 17 hours of Ground Force on the other day!?!?!?

:mad: