PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Plane Only Seconds From Disaster.

planemad2
21st Oct 2004, 21:48
Just logged in here, surprised there is no thread here yet about the Qantas aircraft in Sydney that had to go round. ;)

It is on all the TV News.

Where are the posts about "seconds from disaster", and comments from terrified pax being "close to death". :rolleyes:

Cockpit Door-Closed
21st Oct 2004, 22:20
Another day at the office!

So what is new?

Perhaps "Manly ferry has two attempts at docking at Circular Quay" may one day usurp the go around theme.

Milt
21st Oct 2004, 23:30
Cure

How about everone do a short final go round for a week.

Or maybe a few of us should have an experience or two with air pockets.

maxgrad
21st Oct 2004, 23:35
2nd attempt at docking?
I thought they always let the ferry come in under autopilot at full speed?

Seriously though I concur with you. Heard on radio that terrified pax didn't know if they would live when a Q jet applied full power and banked steeply up.(their words, not mine).

Gets up my nose how much sway and power the media hold over the country.

cure 2

camera in nose of aircraft to show pax that conducting a goround is a really good idea

planemad2
21st Oct 2004, 23:39
That's better, I thought all the journos must have been on strike. ;)

NAMPS
22nd Oct 2004, 01:04
http://bristol.indymedia.org/usermedia/image/1/10068.gif

:zzz:

bb744
22nd Oct 2004, 01:34
Qantas aircraft lands safely, seconds away from mid-air crash with earth.

Ho hum!

Capt Claret
22nd Oct 2004, 01:40
Another "Oh my god, we climbed vertically and we thort we were gunna die" manoeuvre.

ps NAMPS, bluddy great gif. Mind if I use it?

NAMPS
22nd Oct 2004, 01:48
No problems at all Capt.

:ok:

Atlas Shrugged
22nd Oct 2004, 03:32
...and in other News, there was a car in my street with a flat tyre.

Passengers had a lucky escape from the midday sun, retreating to the safety of a shady tree. ;)

VH-Cheer Up
22nd Oct 2004, 05:04
Aren't we frail human beings always only seconds from disaster?

Press the button to cross the road. Wait for the green man or... "Blimey, I thought we were all gonna die, there was cars and trucks bearing down on us"...

Carve the Sunday roast... "You should have seen the size of that knife, if I had just turned the blade around and plunged it deep into my chest, blimey, I thought I was gonna die"...

Taking a shower "Blimey, I thought I was gonna die... Water was pouring in all around me and I was stuck in there with the door closed. If it hadn't been for the good fortune that there was a little hole arrangement in the floor, I would have drowned"...

And now in Today's Goat News: No Goats were injured in a car crash in the centre of Valetta today.

I like the camera in the nose idea... Garuda used to have those, so did ANA in their winglet-free internal 747-400's. Wonder if they were soothing or... "Blimey, I could see we were heading straight for a cloud, I thought we were all gonna die"...

Next step: IQ and Cognitive Processing tests for SLF. Fail, and boarding denied.

Sounds fair to me.

gaunty
22nd Oct 2004, 05:31
NAMPS

Onya and thanks for the *.gif the most productive part of thread:ok:

Three Bars
22nd Oct 2004, 06:21
An interesting corollary here.

Many of the SLF who write in about the potential flight attendants strike over Christmas say that they couldn't care less about safety training for the F/As - all they want to do is fly from A to B.

And yet when an aircraft does a goround, THEY JUST ABOUT SH*T THEMSELVES!!!

Just imagine if there was an evacuation with the strikebreakers on board and it went to worms - imagine the demands for Dixon's head then!!!!!

MeatHunter
22nd Oct 2004, 06:47
What about the poor bloody roo that got flattened at Bathurst.

OzExpat
23rd Oct 2004, 03:50
Thanks MeatHunter! Jet* catering duly notified.

Capn Bloggs
24th Oct 2004, 13:06
Namps,

That'll be the most-used gif in history!