PDA

View Full Version : Working for Bangkok Airways?

Scanwing
21st Oct 2004, 20:40
Hi,

Does anybody knows the conditions to work for Bangkok Airways?
How is the airline run in terms of roster, sallary, leave, accomondation if your are on contract?

What ruted do they fly with the ATR? Bases?

Happy for answeres.

Cheers

bafanguy
21st Oct 2004, 21:51
Are they getting B717's ?

Scanwing
22nd Oct 2004, 00:44
They are allready operating with the B717s.

I saw they just recived their first A320.........

RowleyUK
23rd Oct 2004, 14:41
Getting a job in Thailand as a farang is almost impossible.
I know they were recruiting quite heavily about 4 months ago with full sponsorship being offered to Thai nationality people with exceptionally high college grades.

For the CPL holders already, you needed to be a Thai national or able to live and work in Thailand.

To be able to live and work in Thailand you need a full working visa which is very difficult to get. you can marry a Thai bride if you wanted but then you will still need to show a large amopunt in the bank to be able to remain there!

Have you looked a Air Asia?

Rowley!

Mister Geezer
24th Oct 2004, 17:48
Getting the Thai bride is the easy bit!!!

Dentist
25th Oct 2004, 12:19
Got a few friends with Bankok airways, they seem quite happy, the contract from what I recall is worth about $4000 USD and you get accomodation provided. My friends do fly a fair bit, over 80 Hrs per month. The Vietnam contract is a bit better as you get about 1000USD more and fly about 50Hrs per month? Your choice

LVL CHG
25th Oct 2004, 19:31
Dentist,

Do your friends fly the 717 or ATR? Also, is training included or is their a training bond? What is the minimum required experience for Bangkok Airways for expats? I'd love to fly one of those 717s in the tropics....

triplegem
26th Oct 2004, 04:43
Dentist,

Any idea how to find out Vietnam Air's requirements? ie entry qualification for various types ( DEC/FO ), type or non type rate and remuneration package? T.Q:confused: :confused:

Scanwing
28th Oct 2004, 13:08
Hi,

I have been offered a contract to fly the ATR 72 with Bangkok Airways. Does anybody know how it is. What the accomondation is like, how the transport is arrenged.

What destionation is flown by the ATR? Any overnights? How many ATR 72-500 do they have?

Where is the captains from? Local or expats?

Cheers

:D

Dentist
28th Oct 2004, 19:25
Hi Gents,
Well most of my friends Have held a command rating on the ATR when they signed the bankok contract, They are quite happy, flying the 72-500 around. Accomodation is a full sustained unit with a gym and a pool, travel to the airport is about 30 min and you will need to spend about 50$ -100$per month top. about 4-6 overnights per month but plenty of rest in between. Hope this helps, and good luck
Dentist

triplegem
in re Vietnam, their requirement is about 1500 command on the ATR 72, the 42 does not count. Their contract expires every January and if you wish you can extend it every year, I have friends that have been there foe over 5 years.....
Good Luck

Dentist

Scanwing
28th Oct 2004, 19:33
Sounds really good to me. Do you know anything about wherre they fly with the ATR?

Is there a lot of contractors flying for them? Which countries? Will it be a problem to renew a JAR licence over there?

Happy for an answer,

Scanwing
25th Nov 2004, 10:44
HI,

thanks for all the information you have gaved me.

Cheers