PDA

View Full Version : BACX Turboprop Holding Pool

ptangyangkipperbang
21st Oct 2004, 10:41
I would be grateful if anyone had anything further to add on the BACX pool. Apparently a TP course started last week but there doesn't seem to be anything planned for the rest of this year. Rumour has it that BACX are giving up at least one of their Dash 8s in the spring. If this is true then surely this must reduce the opportunities for those of us in the pool. I also heard a rumour that BACX had stopped recruiting for the TP fleet/TP Pool. On the other had I also heard that BACX are crying out for TP pilots...........

Can any of you - other than JW and LP who recently PM'd me - shed any light on this?

Thanks

give me an axe
21st Oct 2004, 12:40
as far as i am aware bacx will be getting rid of all t/ps by late next year

luckyPierre
21st Oct 2004, 14:47
Would be interested to hear where you heard that rumour?

BugSpeed
22nd Oct 2004, 14:20
Guys and girls,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I have heard from a very reliable source that the current Dash course is the last new entry course for the foreseeable future.

They are expecting a harsh winter and are losing two Dash's and the ATP's in April and are aiming for all jet ops in the next couple of years.

Will update you if my source gives me any more info.

Mister Geezer
23rd Oct 2004, 21:25
So those in the pool for the Dash 8 will find themselves getting on a Toothpick or a RJ?

give me an axe
23rd Oct 2004, 22:32
Well thats the 64,000 dollar question..best ask Rene or Berni.....

oapilot
24th Oct 2004, 21:00
I suspect the focus is on ERJ recruitment and courses at the mo. That said, they are very likely to need more TP pilots at some stage so..... At least in aviation "the foreseeable future" is a very movable feast either way.
I too have heard rumours from the inside that the 8's are going in the next year or two, but as this is reputed to be the most profitable part of the operation at present, why? The economics on (if I remember correctly) sub 500NM routes favour the TP, so (personal view and hope only) I'll believe it when it happens.
In the meantime, to all the other guys and girls in the pool, hang in there and lets hope we hear something positive soon.

oap :zzz: