PDA

View Full Version : EZY website

FormerFlyer
21st Oct 2004, 07:15
What's going on with it this morning?

Every time I click through the options on easyJet (http://www.easyjet.com./en) it shows me different styles of font.

I then clicked through to the easyJet4ski site, and then back and it was a whole different layout.

I'm sure I read on here a while back that something about the site was changing but can't find that thread. Is this the change going through today? Or being tested?

Have a look & play yourself to see if you can replicate what I was getting.

cheers ;)
FF

egnxema
21st Oct 2004, 07:26
Yeah - i'm gettin gthe same thing - must be their server - some pages were returning a "No Available" message.

Let's wait and see what gives.

FormerFlyer
21st Oct 2004, 07:28
Oh I've just played around again and all is normal!

Strange, but what looked like the new home page was an improvement.

cheers ;)
FF

Powerjet1
21st Oct 2004, 08:13
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=147725&highlight=easyjet+new+website

The one showing is not the new website. It is completely different

Powerjet1
22nd Oct 2004, 02:14
New website seems to be up and running.

FormerFlyer
22nd Oct 2004, 07:07
That's the site I was briefly seeing as I was flicking back & forth.

At least I'm not going (totally) bonkers!

cheers ;)
FF

StarAllianceGold
23rd Oct 2004, 13:19
Must be part of the "brand re-launch" Marketing magazine reported a couple of weeks ago.

Apparently they're going to drop ".com" when referring to easyJet, introduce new typography and some TV adverts.

Can't find the magazine, but from memory I think they'll be using a new strapline along the lines of "Come on, lets fly".

Not very keen on the mix of colours on the new website, but these thigs always take a bit of getting used to.

phil_2405
27th Oct 2004, 11:14
I have to say I dont think there was any problems with the old easyJet website, not too keen on new one....think it is a bit of a step backwards. I suppose it will grow on me though.

CaptJ
27th Oct 2004, 11:54
Must say that I wasn't initially impressed with it either. But then I hated the previous one when forced to tranfer to it from the GO website.

It does have a very useful feature in "All London airports"
Also an occassional bug of forgetting the dates when popping back and forwards looking for cheap flights is fixed.

More options available with 1 click on the front page is good though.

Jes
3rd Nov 2004, 09:45
Here we are on 3rd November, and still the summer timetable is shown.

And why do they have all those confusing notes? Different numbers for the same message.

Not good.

Powerjet1
18th Aug 2005, 05:24
easy seem to have updated the general appearence of their website yet again.

nickmanl
18th Aug 2005, 08:15
The new site is a much better improvement on the site which was in play for the last couple of months. It looks really professional.

conradmueller
18th Aug 2005, 12:32
the only stupid thing, ist that, when you want to change your booking it is now only possible to change the date.
Up to now it was even possible to change the route.:\

ALLMCC
18th Aug 2005, 12:47
"Easyjet" and "professional" mentioned in the same breath! - steady on guys - don't get carried away!

eastern wiseguy
18th Aug 2005, 17:59
Allmcc

"Easyjet" and "professional" mentioned in the same breath! - steady on guys - don't get carried away!

Go on discuss!!

Yes you with neatly ironed anorak...Allan....thats right ...give us YOUR thoughts .

jumpseater
18th Aug 2005, 18:31
ALLMCC (AKA All My Contributions are Cr#p) wrote

Nothing we don't expect from this individual, its par for course for him. Perhaps I should counter it with
''Groundstaff'' and ''professional'' steady on guys - don't get carried away!

Note for mods

Apologies for playing the player and not the ball, in this instance I find his comments as offensive as I hope he will find mine.

eastern wiseguy
18th Aug 2005, 18:45
Jumpseater ....you have piqued my interest. Is our dear friend Groundstaff? I had him down as a face at the fence! Do enlighten me ....PM if you feel more comfortable.

jumpseater
18th Aug 2005, 18:56
eastern, no need for a PM, I do not know All My Contributions are Crap, however the comments that he has made in the past has made me think he has at least some knowledge of airside operations, and could be employed as such, though probably not in a 'responsible' capacity. However you do indeed now raise the thought in my mind that he could indeed be an aluminium meerkat.

eastern wiseguy
18th Aug 2005, 19:00
aluminium meerkat. :) :D :D :D :D

ALLMCC
19th Aug 2005, 12:51
Oh dear oh dear - it's a pity there are some who can only get their point across by resorting to name calling although in your case, Eastern, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised - a quick look at your postings on various threads reveals a worrying trait of sarcastic belittling criticism of anyone who dares to differ with your opinions - you might do well to listen to other's arguments now and then - you might even learn something!

Jumpseater, your insinuation that there may be persons employed in airside operations who are less than "responsible" is very worrying particularly in an environment where safety is supposed to be of paramount importance - hardly confidence inspiring!!

Just to satisfy your curiosity, I am not employed in the aviation industry in any capacity - however, by the same token I have undertaken extensive research in airline and airport operations over the years and I feel that I am, at least, entitled to offer subjective opinions based on my own experiences as a passenger and otherwise!

eastern wiseguy
19th Aug 2005, 14:16
Allan

Lets be clear...in this post you quite simply stated

"Easyjet" and "professional" mentioned in the same breath! - steady on guys - don't get carried away

You then go on to suggest that Jumpseater is guilty of mentioning groundstaff and lack of responsibility in the same breath. I hear the pot calling........

I see NO argument nor reasoned discussion of your point. I look forward to you backing your position up with some measured responses. As to opinions, I would prefer you to use OBJECTIVE rather than SUBJECTIVE arguments if you wish to convert the remainder of us to your one sided view of the air transport system as it exists within Northern Ireland.

I am always keen to learn .However when it comes to matters aviation I suggest to you that as I have THIRTY YEARS experience in the aviation field(TWENTY EIGHT of those in ATC) I am not going to learn much from yourself.

by the same token I have undertaken extensive research in airline and airport operations

(unless I needed the registration of the first Spacegrand arrival into Sydenham I suppose)

jumpseater
19th Aug 2005, 19:00
All My Contributions are Crap

Oh dear oh dear - it's a pity there are some who can only get their point across by resorting to name calling

I'd just like to quote you here from your first posting on this thread.

Please re-read your statement above this one and inwardly digest!

I didn't insinuate that groundstaff were less than professional, any I have worked with who weren't, aren't groundstaff any longer. The point was that I thought you may have been groundstaff. As you now admit you're not, it does now put some of your inane previous comments into context. In retrospect maybe I should have said ''aviation enthusiast'' and ''knowledgeable'' mentioned in the same breath! - steady on guys - don't get carried away!

There are many thousands of groundstaff who work well and hard in very difficult conditions, and they have my full respect. What I did state in response to Mr eastern was that you 'could be employed as such, though probably not in a 'responsible' capacity'. This opinion is based upon your continual negative and purile comments regarding not only easyJet but other carriers and airports. My opinion of you is based soley on what you write here.

Like eastern, I am always keen to learn. You have to be able to change an adapt in aviation. However when it comes to matters aviation I suggest to you that as I have Twenty Three Years experience in the aviation field(Fifteen of those in ATC/Airfield Operations and Airline Operations), I too am not going to learn much from yourself. Again this opinion is formed soley by reading your postings.

'by the same token I have undertaken extensive research in airline and airport operations'

Well if you have done, you're obviously keeping it to yourself, as there's little evidence of it in your postings. Or if your postings are based on your extensive research, perhaps it's indicative of the quality of that same research.

rubik101
20th Aug 2005, 18:05
" Just to satisfy your curiosity, I am not employed in the aviation industry in any capacity - however, by the same token I have undertaken extensive research in airline and airport operations over the years and I feel that I am, at least, entitled to offer my opinion." So said ALLMCC

What is your qualification for saying that easyJet is anything other than proffesional? Can we see your extensive research please? Throwing cheap and insulting jibes with no justification is the most base form of abuse on this meadium. But then we should expect nothing else from someone who has no real right to be posting on the Proffesional Pilots Rumour Network anyway. Find some where else to throw your cheap posts.

ALLMCC
22nd Aug 2005, 10:25
Hooray, here endeth the lesson from the Easyjet fan club, free membership but only if you promise to be a good boy and not complain!

BTW, Eastern & Jumpseater, your responses, word for word, are almost identical - any chance you're one and the same?

eastern wiseguy
22nd Aug 2005, 19:28
Alan ...once again you accuse me of having more than one identity on this board. I do not. I have never met Jumpseater,although s/he seems to agree with me.
I can only re-iterate that I am as I said I am . THIRTY years in aviation and TWENTY EIGHT of those in Air Traffic Control. There are NUMEROUS folks here who will testify to that..enter Tower Ranger !

Regards

E W ...aka Bear !!

jumpseater
23rd Aug 2005, 00:11
I do not know eastern.

If you haven't worked out that I clicked and pasted eastern's CV and ammended it with details of my own........

Like eastern I am known to some other prune members, perhaps with a bit of proper research from yourself, you could work out that he/she and I are not the same person. The informations all here, just requires you to do some research....

Whilst this thread is about easyJet, and their website, (which you seem to have spectacularly missed), I would have taken issue with you had you made the same banal comment about other airlines/airports/issues that I have a detailed knowledge of.

I still want you to explain to me why I'm unprofessional. I imagine we'll be a while......

ALLMCC
23rd Aug 2005, 12:03
Jumpseater, just to to correct you on a couple of points - any criticisms I have made have been directed towards one airline only and one airport only not in the plural, as you have stated.

In addition, at no time did I insinuate that you, personally, were unprofessional - I do not know who you are employed by but your steadfast defence of the airline in question would suggest that you are, perhaps, located in an airport which relies heavily on the support of same.

Eastern's sardonic and sarcastic wit is well documented on these forums which is one reason why I am reluctant to respond to his wayward accusations and allegations - I will deliberate carefully in the future before doing so.

rubik101, if you refer to the rules, you will note that you do not have to be a pilot to participate in these forums - anyone (including you and me) can have an objective view as to whether they consider an organisation to be professional or not - that's what is called a democratic society embodying free speech.

Tower Ranger
23rd Aug 2005, 15:45
Eastern, I can certainly testify to your experience but how should I put it,,,,,
Ah yes,,,,,
Well Rounded!!!
Cheers TR

jumpseater
23rd Aug 2005, 22:25
Just to correct you
In addition, at no time did I insinuate that you, personally, were unprofessional
Yes you did with your first post on this thread, I'll quote it for you, as you seem to be having a memory retention problem.

'any criticisms I have made have been directed towards one airline only and one airport only not in the plural, as you have stated.'

Just to correct you, Re Ryanair 'Is this a "Mickey Mouse" offer from a "Mickey Mouse" outfit?'

There are of course plenty of others.

I also found this previous exchange between you and I, from me to you, you never did answer this..
So, erm cynical? All I asked you to do was explain your post, i.e. the second para above, I note you have'nt bothered, now I wonder why that could be? I have no particular interest in discussing BHD in this thread, as its about easy 319's and their use on family days, so back to you, to explain why the use of an aircraft to allow employees and their families, to see a new type is such a ridiculous idea.

There was also this gem....

'I know I promised I would no longer post on these forums',

I wonder, would you be kind enough to reconsider?