PDA

View Full Version : Small Helicopter Safety Seminar

jerry712731
20th Oct 2004, 23:15
I see that the CAA are running the Safety Seminar again this year.
I attended last year and had a very worthwhile day.
Hope you can get along as a visit to the AAIB hanger does bring you down to earth

Vfrpilotpb
21st Oct 2004, 09:27
Jerry ,

What date?
Vfr

Whirlybird
21st Oct 2004, 09:57
Tuesday 9th November. I last went a couple of years ago, and decided to go again this year. I don't know if there are still places; they tend to get booked up.

Who else is going? Shall we have a mini rotorheads meeting?

Whirlygig
21st Oct 2004, 10:05
I'm going.

Mini Pprune rotorheads meeting? Meeting? Isn't the correct phrase "bash"?

Don't have a badge but Whirlybird and I are fairly easy to spot!! I went last year as well and found it worthwhile and interesting.

Cheers

Whirlygig

Vfrpilotpb - if you want to go, your best bet now would be to ring David Cockburn at CAA and see if there have been any cancellations.

Whirlybird
21st Oct 2004, 13:35
Meeting - meet up, introduce outselves, and say hi.

Bash - as for meeting, then head for the nearest place where alcohol is served, consume same while having avid discussions about helicopters, life, the universe and everything. Continue until...whenever, but probably far too long.

Whirlygig,

I meant "meeting" but "bash" sounds even better! :ok:

jerry712731
21st Oct 2004, 23:05
i was always told that you learn from mistakes, normally your own.

Nothting to bring to you down to earth more than seeing the wreckage of your instructor's helicopter where his son died.

Meet other pilots from the rotary world and learn.

From my limited experience, rotary pilots are very isolated, as they tend to fly from private sites. If there is a chance to learn from others do it now.

Fly safely