PDA

View Full Version : Redundancy: Do I Dare???

flyboy007
20th Oct 2004, 17:11
Just wondering what everyone thinks about applying for redundancy.

Been thinking about it, but wonder whether if my applcation were denied due to perhaps not fitting the criterias, it would be looked on unfavourably for the remainder of my career. Eg. Would it count against me in a captains board?? Obviously the official answer would be "of course not", however I'm not so sure. Dis-loyalty and all that!

Any thoguhts??

Doppelganger
20th Oct 2004, 17:16
According the the official blurb, all records of unsuccessful applications will be deleted after the process is complete. A few years ago I'd have said 'yeah, right' but I think that the Data Protection Act will make it so.

Impiger
20th Oct 2004, 18:06
For what its worth two anecdotes from the last round in the mid-90s:

a. A wg cdr friend applied but was turned down. Promoted to gp capt 2 lists later. So it obviously wasn't held against him.

b. Another Colleague who had commented as first RO on an individual who had unsuccessfully applied (don't know what the comment was) had the report returned for re-writing on the grounds that the comment wasn't admissable, wasn't relevant and besides he only knew the subject had applies because the subject had shared said 'private' information with him.

All things considered pretty honest.

juliet
20th Oct 2004, 18:39
yeah, go for it