PDA

View Full Version : P2 Presentation

adam400
20th Oct 2004, 11:14
Hi guys, Could anyone advise me whether or not I need to go suited and booted for this presentation at my AFCO?

Also if anyone knows what is in involved during this presentation it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks. :ok:

5 Forward 6 Back
20th Oct 2004, 11:20
Better to be too smart than too casual, I'd say. I seem to remember wearing a shirt and tie for mine ages ago, and finding that most were in suits. However, there were some smart casual with slacks and shirts, and no-one seemed to object.

Mr C Hinecap
20th Oct 2004, 12:04
Your call.
Want to portray a polished image? Dress smart.
Want to be one of the masses? Wear anything you want.

adam400
20th Oct 2004, 12:19
I'm not sure if it is. That thread seemed to be talking more about the initial general presentation you get after showing interest in the RAF. The P2 presentation is a potential officer presentation and is the one you get before attending OASC....... I think!!

Thanks a lot for the advice so far.

rivetjoint
20th Oct 2004, 12:37
Shurely from your last post you've just answered your own question?

adam400
20th Oct 2004, 12:47
Good point rivetjoint, it seems i have answered my own question regarding the dress code for the presentation! I was fairly certain i was going to go in a suit anyway... just wanted to check! :)

Does anyone have any information regarding the presentation itself? I have searched for it but found nothing so far!

Cheers

Speed Twelve
20th Oct 2004, 13:40
Probably changed since, but from a long time ago (late 80's!), it was a sesh with the AFCO boss watching a few videos (including the cool 9 Sqn flying vid) followed by a discussion period where OASC, IOT and the reality of military life was mentioned to those who perhaps hadn't thought about it too much i.e. aircrew having to bomb stuff, blunties having to do ground defence.

As for the dress code, further comment shouldn't be required :hmm:

I did see candidates actually turn up at OASC in jeans. Incredible.... Chop-tastic....

ST

joe2812
20th Oct 2004, 14:12
Read the post a few below this, then do a nice lil' search before you get the pack (eyes BEags) latch onto you with their cries of 'not another one'.

Firstly, go in a suit...I did, 90% of the guys there did also, the only one who didnt was the one who had the cheek to stick his hand up and ask the remarkable good looking officer doing it how long she'd be as he needed to go. What image to you want to put across?

AFCOs have just received new presentations (within the last 4-6 weeks), it covers a variety of aspects on how to join the RAF, what branches there are, what they do, IOT etc. You'll watch a few videos and the usual corny powerpoint pres with varying degrees of exciting wooshy sounds as bullet points appear before your very eyes.

We all had clipboards and pens provided however take a pen and paper just incase, make notes on everything (and I do mean everything) as it'll help when it comes to doing your in-depth research for OASC.

Any more questions about it, feel free to PM me or drop me a line via e-mail.

Then go and do another search on here ;)

Regards,

(Edit - Yes the link above does refer to the same presentation, worth a read)

adam400
20th Oct 2004, 18:00
Cheers joe2812 and others who have contributed.

Search done, thread has been read, the AFCO has been called and i have now have the answers I need!! :)

Thanks again guys and sorry to repeat a question that has already been asked.

The mother alligator
21st Oct 2004, 11:24
By the way, when I went for my presentation, the threw a couple of speed distance time questions at us. Not part of selection, but best to be prepared and make yourself look good from the off.